Valued Contributor

Re: I wonder if QVC will have to suspend broadcasting

@chiclet  I think it is an attempt to minimalize the potential of Covid-19; maybe it makes it seem less scary? 

Comparing the past flu with the current outbreak is apples and oranges. Covid-19 is still ongoing; and no one has any idea how many in the US are currently positive and spreading in their communities--nor how many will eventually die, sadly. The ventilator issue is very real if you end up being one of the patients that needs one and can't get one. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

The ventilator issue is also very real for people who fear losing a loved one because of it.

Honestly some people here...sure seems like as long as it doesn't affect me personally who cares and it's all being exaggerated. Very sad attitude.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Right now QVC is one of the few normal things in our lives.  I just hope they are minimally affected and it will be business as usual.

I am back to watching again for that reason.It takes my mind off life for a bit.I am happy to see them smiling and talking like nothing to worry about and for awhile I forget.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn wrote:

The yearly FLU kills more people...just sayin'.

@plmokn  How many times do I keep seeing incorrect assumptions made based on statements like this?

Please do your research, not just listen to some outdated phrases by  talking heads on TV.  They are misleading you.  The flu and this specific virus are not the same in its contagion or mortality rate.  Just spouting numbers is irresponsible and wrong.  They are very different.  

It's not a time to panic.  But it is definitely a time to be smart and careful in the right way. That's all.

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @NoName:   The yearly flu has a vaccine to prevent it or lessen its severity.  The yearly flu has medications that help people recover from it.  

We have no protections from Covid-19 (yet).  For those of us in the high-risk group, it's a bit scary.  

If QVC needs to suspend broadcasting, they have hours of reruns to put on the air.  That is the least of my concerns.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Mmsis 

Wow!! some of you people are just really snarky. This is a new poster... lighten up. 

Welcome to the wonderful QVC board. 

Off topuc but responding to the above comment in the thread: I don't check how many posts a person has written before reading them nor responding to them. What does that matter? The content is what I comment on. Period. I could not care less if they have 30k posts or 4. Why should it matter? It goes both ways too. Someone who is posting for the 1st time should be considered as having valid thoughts. I don't even know how many I've posted myself. Irrelevent. They  have has much right to post as you do. 

Trusted Contributor

On In the Kitchen With David this morning he said that Mary was fine but she was staying home to be safe and they are limiting the people who actually need to be there.  I thought Stacy Schauffer was his assistant and that Mary had her own food show? 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab wrote:

On In the Kitchen With David this morning he said that Mary was fine but she was staying home to be safe and they are limiting the people who actually need to be there.  I thought Stacy Schauffer was his assistant and that Mary had her own food show? 

Mary replaced Stacey for Sunday's show.  The change just recently took place.