Valued Contributor

Re: I wonder if QVC will have to suspend broadcasting

I just got an email from the Q saying nothing would change in programming for the time being but they are watching develpments.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got the email too.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsis wrote:
Due to the virus. I hope not

Welcome to the forum, @Mmsis. You've been initiated now. No matter what you post, someone will snark about your priorities and the appropriateness of your concept. They're still nice ladies though, for the most part.

I don't think QVC will quit broadcasting. Too much money at stake. If everyone else fell ill, they'd have the producers and stagehands wheeling in products. Since there's no live audience, they can run a very small crew in the studio.

I do wish they would stop kissing each other for the next month or so. That's just silly to do right now.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Just got the email as well....that was nice of them to send out to let everyone know where they stand

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

OMG!

This isn't the bubonic plague!

=========================

I live in a small city of less than 20,000 and we now have 8 confirmed cases.  I just read that the city of Paris has closed everything except groceries, banks and pharmacies.  Everything else is closed in Paris.

That is how serious this is.  Please don't diminish it.

@Bhvbum The Governor of PA has done this to several counties (mine included) starting on Monday.  Only essential retail places will be open. Groceries, pharmacies, gas stations & health care providers.

Honored Contributor

Not every person who gets the virus will require the hospital or a ventilator. Freaking out at the idea of a bed or ventilator shortage is just silly...no reason to expect either one at this point.
Honored Contributor

They said the reason they suspended sports completely was due to the physical contact between players. DH is a huge baseball fan and is really bummed out. We have family in Florida and were going to spring training.
Honored Contributor

I think dreaming up problems is not productive, as my grandmother used to say, don’t borrow trouble.
Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but on the bright side, maybe they'll break the huggy/kissey habit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

The yearly FLU kills more people...just sayin'.