Trusted Contributor

Re: I wonder if QVC will have to suspend broadcasting

@rockygems123 : Our stores here announced the same thing. It's to have time to restock and sanitize everything before they open next morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

They are recommending no crowds larger than 500 people, so in no way would that include QVC.  Not quite sure why they suspended playing sports; I can see when they first thought they would play without an audience, then all of a sudden they suspended sports completely.???  Perhaps some vendors, especially those coming from Ireland for St. Patty's Day, will not be able to appear in person, but I would not think it would affect broadcasting with normal QVC staff in the much smaller numbers they represent.

@just wonder 

They suspended sports because various players have been testing positive for the virus.  They don't want them to infect each other further.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

As much as I love shopping at The Q, I hope they are not forced to suspend broadcasting, although I feel it's highly unlikely.🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsis 

Wow!! some of you people are just really snarky. This is a new poster... lighten up. 

I do not think that QVC will be closed, and if they are I am sure that they can just stream repeats of shows.

Welcome to the wonderful QVC board. 

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus  It was really kind of you to stand up for, and welcome the new poster.😊👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Oh good flippin' gravy!

Not every business is throwing up the shutters because of the virus, and good for QVC for keeping things as normal as possible.

I guess the thought that behind the scenes, people are scrubbing their hands and doing everything else, never occurred to some people.

It's like they want the economy to tank even more than it already has.

It would justify their fear and paranoia.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

If people stop panicking we will all be alot better off

Shoekitty said.  You can't order peoples feelings.   i think it's good for people to talk about what bothers them.  I don't think they were panicking.  The were expressing, "what ifs

Honored Contributor

Right now QVC is one of the few normal things in our lives.  I just hope they are minimally affected and it will be business as usual.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

All the late night talk show hosts went to filming without a live audience this week, but yesterday the Jimmy Kimmel Show suspended all filming until at least March 30, when they will reevaluate.  So I think it's hard to predict what's going to stay on air.

Valued Contributor

Probably won't suspend broadcasting but I can see them having to slow down in their shipments of people can't work in the warehouses