Respected Contributor

Re: I wonder if QVC will have to suspend broadcasting

They would be making a mistake if they went off the air. With a lot of people being home now, added together with sporting events canceled, I think they probably have more viewers.  I kept seeing Kourtney apply hand sanitizer so I'm sure they are taking careful precautions. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Mmsis 

Wow!! some of you people are just really snarky. This is a new poster... lighten up. 

I do not think that QVC will be closed, and if they are I am sure that they can just stream repeats of shows.

Welcome to the wonderful QVC board. 

You mean doom and gloom board!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsis 

That's actually not a ridiculous question because it only takes one covid-19 diagnosed or ill person working at any business including a tv studio to shut the business down while the company sanitizes the area.

I'm sure that a big business like QVC or HSN has contingency plans in place in case something like that happens. I would be curious as to how Qurate is handling their other overseas shopping channel businesses in Japan, the U.K., Italy, and Germany (and they also have support businesses in Poland) when travel there is or is going to be restricted.

Super Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

Every time I tune-in Jennifer Coffey is on.

She is one I cannot watch

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Not every person who gets the virus will require the hospital or a ventilator. Freaking out at the idea of a bed or ventilator shortage is just silly...no reason to expect either one at this point.

Due to the shortage of test kits we still don't really know how many cases there are so it's hard to predict if there will be shortages.

Frequent Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Not every person who gets the virus will require the hospital or a ventilator. Freaking out at the idea of a bed or ventilator shortage is just silly...no reason to expect either one at this point.

That's the the whole point. The precautions (not panic) being taken now are intended to prevent a shortage. Have you not been listening to the experts who know something about this? It's not about everyone who gets the virus requiring hospitalization or a ventilator. It's about the possibilty of the number of those that would need hospitalization or ventilators far outnumbering the amount that the country currently has available if not mitigated now. Have you seen what has happened in Italy? That is exactly what they're trying to not have happen here. So it's not about it being silly. It's about preparation and a serious dose of reality.

Frequent Contributor

@plmokn wrote:

The yearly FLU kills more people...just sayin'.

It's not that simple. https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/coronavirus-vs-the-flu-the-difference-between-a-1-and-0-1-fata...

Honored Contributor

They have enough stage sets that they can disinfect them in rotation

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Hetshepshut wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

That's the the whole point. The precautions (not panic) being taken now are intended to prevent a shortage. Have you not been listening to the experts who know something about this? It's not about everyone who gets the virus requiring hospitalization or a ventilator. It's about the possibilty of the number of those that would need hospitalization or ventilators far outnumbering the amount that the country currently has available if not mitigated now. Have you seen what has happened in Italy? That is exactly what they're trying to not have happen here. So it's not about it being silly. It's about preparation and a serious dose of reality.

Remember, hospitals are still treating the usual cases and need the ventilators and staff.  

Respected Contributor

I keep hearing that the flu has killed more people.  How does that make anyone feel better.  Now we have another threat.... flu and covid-19....I don't get the logic behind saying that.  Just because the flu has killed people we should do what.  Ignore this?  Unless Italy, China, South Korea etc. is making all this up we have a serious problem.