Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I wish this was required for everyone to read!

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to do. 

Right! And, I wish we could minimize hearing about the virus - its on 24/7! Its not like we don't know - we do, its coming out of our ears. There has to be a distraction from constant media frenzy. 

@Effie54  I am not trying to be snarky at all, but if you're not interested in reading about it then maybe avoid opening these types of threads and reading/posting on them. Also, not everyone does know/care or there wouldn't be a need for sheltering in place, bc folks would just do it...unfortunately though that's not the way it is. I wish it was!! It'd be amazing if everyone was working together!  

Just a heads up to any other posters, I am not going to respond to any negativity. There sadly are a few posters here who like spread their negativity and post snarky comments and look for a disagreement with any thing that is posted. It's fine to disagree, but doing it in a tactful manner makes your point/position carry much more weight than resorting to passive-aggressive comments and personal insults. 

I just want everyone to stay safe during all of this and I will keep you and your families in my thoughts! Heart

How can you avoid reading about, hearing about and not seeing the corona virus 24/7? There is not much else in the news that is posted. My point was that there has to be other sources that we can focus on instead of continuously worrying that we're going to be sick if we leave the house. Yes, we are being safe - but the media is saturating the news and there is no choice but to see it. 

Super Contributor

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS !!!   People need to realise that their NON ACTION at this critical time AFFECTS EVERYONE.........  People are risking their lives on the front lines trying to save people lives.    .  It is all for not when you get peope taking it personally and say they are going to do what they are going to do, and to heck with everyone else.     THEY ARE BEING SELFISH AND SELF CENTERED.   . THANK YOU FOR POSTING FOR EVERYONE

@BrandiDavis wrote:

Screenshot_20200323-095624.jpgWHY is this so hard for people to understand? Is it because really people are that selfish? I cannot think of any other valid reason WHY they wouldn't be abiding by the social distance recommendation that was put out. This is why unfortunately for those of us who do have common sense there are those who don't and so bc of those types of people it will affect us all if they have to enforce harsher methods which I don't think will happen at all anyways, but imo it should. It would only be temporary and it could help save lives. We're all in this together. Let's start acting like it. (Not you all specifically lol, just the U.S as a whole)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our state (Indiana) doesn't have as much spread of the virus as some other states do.  My rural county I live in has no reported people with it.  Still each day there are a few more dead or reporting they have the virus in counties close to us. 

They issued the order that,  starting tonight, we are only to be out for groceries medicine,  getting food through the drive-thru's, checking on an elderly person, getting gas, and that's about it.  The police will randomly be pulling people over to see why they are out and about but I doubt would arrest anyone.  They will issue warnings and that police presence should help.

The reason for this is we just had a sudden increase from 107 to a total of 365 of confirmed cases.  I know everyone loves their state but right now, I'm thankful I live in Indiana.   I'm all for listening to the scientists and doctors 

Honored Contributor

“It’s really hard to feel like you’re saving the world when you’re watching Netflix from your couch. But if we do this right, nothing happens, a successful shelter-in-place means you’re going to feel like it was all for nothing, and you’d be right: Because nothing means that nothing happened to your family. And that’s what we’re going for here.”

— Emily Landon, Chicago epidemiologist

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

How can you avoid reading about, hearing about and not seeing the corona virus 24/7? There is not much else in the news that is posted. My point was that there has to be other sources that we can focus on instead of continuously worrying that we're going to be sick if we leave the house. Yes, we are being safe - but the media is saturating the news and there is no choice but to see it. 

I will tell you how to avoid it.  I have not turned on a news program since March 14 - I'm not watching any local or national news.  In the morning when I would normally have local news or GMA, I listen to the radio instead.  Any regular TV programs I watch I have only been watching on DVR or have been streaming.  I don't spend time everyday reading all the news online.  All I see if are few items in my FB feed from local news outlets or some info on the radio.  With the extra media and news we get from TV, Radio, Social Media, and the Internet it adds to everyone's stress.  We suffer from information overload these days.

While Yes I have been home for the past 2 weeks and only left my home to get groceries for my family and elderly relatives - I'm tired of everyone preaching to stay inside. Oh and also constantly telling me to wash my hands - I learned that very young.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@BrandiDavis 

They showed a clip of NYC and there was some guy strumming a guitar people all around what looked like a park and NOT practicing social distancing....some of the health officials were NOT amused......

Sadly so many think they are invinceable ...but now even the younger age groups have come down with the virus....they need to start taking this seriously...not overacting but just follow the guidelines set by the CDC...

-------------

As I understand it and what I think what is not getting thru to some people...a person can be asymptomatic and not be feeling sick!!  So he/she could be out and about because they feel fine, and yet, infect those around them.  And if, or when, they do come down with the illness, they could have already been infecting others.