Esteemed Contributor

Re: I wish this was required for everyone to read!

@Sooner wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to do. 

@CrazyDaisy I wish people would take personal responsibility and do what they need to do to keep us all safe.  Duty, honor, sacrifice, loyalty. . . all those things so out of fashion now. 

See we all have our "wish list". 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

People have a different idea of what social distancing means.  As I posted in the thread I started, Ohio was put under a Stay at Home order which goes into effect tonight at midnight.

I have seen friends post about it on FB and plea with people to not to be selfish and to stay home.  Some of them are the same people who had "a few friends over" Saturday night and posted about it.  Some are the same ones who are talking about doing the right thing and then 2 minutes later are talking about getting together at someone's home to binge watch some shows on tv.  It makes me want to scream.  

Esteemed Contributor

We can hope there is required reading for all, however, unless regulations for all are in place, many will consider themselves as the exception.

Studied / observed human and social behavior for decades. People are going to be and react according to their temperaments. I'm happy about social distancing. It's not only a vital part of the cure, but it's limited how others' emotional responses collide with mine. 

There's more good about people than bad, however, when challenged, most people are selfish by nature. Too many people don't scan the room and see  how their actions affect others. Very little surprises me. Yet, I'm hopeful. May as well be.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I was in Staples last week & there were red tape lines every 6' on the floor in front of each cash register aisle.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Right! And, I wish we could minimize hearing about the virus - its on 24/7! Its not like we don't know - we do, its coming out of our ears. There has to be a distraction from constant media frenzy. 

Well that’s easy - just don’t turn on the news channels, or your local news shows.  There are so many channels nowadays that feature reruns of old and not so old shows. Or turn off the TV and read. That’s always been a big help to me in bringing down stress levels.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I just came from the post office. Yes, I HAD to go for work.  While they have tape on the floor to keep people in line 6 feet apart, that does not do much good when I am at the window, 2 feet from the clerk, as we exchange cash that could be contaminated.  We can do what we can to slow it down, but there is no way to stop it completely.  And BTW, the fall out from all the school and business closures will I think be way worse than anyone can imagine, economically and socially.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Alison Wonderland  Wow that is fabulous!! I wish our stores would implement something like that! Most of our stores are allowing seniors for the 1st hour they are open, but that is the only difference. I think it's wonderful, but as I see from ur stores they could be doing more! Hopefully they will soon!

HEB, a Texas grocery chain, is doing a lot of the work and it was our mayor who passed orders to require the social distancing and 6' markers and other precautions in every grocery store and pharmacy in the city.  

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

They showed a clip of NYC and there was some guy strumming a guitar people all around what looked like a park and NOT practicing social distancing....some of the health officials were NOT amused......

Sadly so many think they are invinceable ...but now even the younger age groups have come down with the virus....they need to start taking this seriously...not overacting but just follow the guidelines set by the CDC...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Last week someone from our office had to go to one of the Courts and they are not taking any money.  You have to pay with a check.

I was in Aldi yesterday and there is a sign indicating they are not giving change back. If you are paying with cash, you have to have the correct change. 

Super Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Herein lies the issue.