Super Contributor

Re: I wish this was required for everyone to read!

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@CrazyDaisy  Im sorry, I didn't realize that taking a sec to read a few statistics was so terrible,  its not like lives are at stake or anything. 

I read, abide by what is asked by my own health officials.  Where I live.  Will abide by  "required reading" as advised by such.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to do. 

Right! And, I wish we could minimize hearing about the virus - its on 24/7! Its not like we don't know - we do, its coming out of our ears. There has to be a distraction from constant media frenzy. 

I do not have cable or Internet access at home.  Stayed home all day Sat. reading the few library books I have left.  Other than that one quick trip to Walmart Sunday morning that was it for me.  I deliberately only check my phone for updates one time.  It was nice to just stop it all.  I had a couple of family calls so there were those conversations but I kept the media out of home from Friday at 1:30 p.m. until this morning for the most part.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Because some people really don't know how to social distance and they want to run up to help you when doing simple things like putting things in your car trunk and you haven't ever needed them before so you don't need them now.

and you have to tell them STOP  and then they are also carrying a great big drink with a straw   and they are offended because they were only trying to help

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

People telling people to social distance is going to save lives. This is not the time to me all about doing whatever you want.

Valued Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Right! And, I wish we could minimize hearing about the virus - its on 24/7! Its not like we don't know - we do, its coming out of our ears. There has to be a distraction from constant media frenzy. 

@Effie54  I am not trying to be snarky at all, but if you're not interested in reading about it then maybe avoid opening these types of threads and reading/posting on them. Also, not everyone does know/care or there wouldn't be a need for sheltering in place, bc folks would just do it...unfortunately though that's not the way it is. I wish it was!! It'd be amazing if everyone was working together!  

Just a heads up to any other posters, I am not going to respond to any negativity. There sadly are a few posters here who like spread their negativity and post snarky comments and look for a disagreement with any thing that is posted. It's fine to disagree, but doing it in a tactful manner makes your point/position carry much more weight than resorting to passive-aggressive comments and personal insults. 

I just want everyone to stay safe during all of this and I will keep you and your families in my thoughts! Heart

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Yesterday I went to the supermarket and was waiting til a 30-ish woman got her yogurt so I could get mine, keeping a safe distance away from her. When she looked up at me I said "I'm trying to keep a safe distance away from you before I reach in" to which she laughed. I said, " I don't think this is funny" and she rolled her eyes.

I'm sorry. In my area, the supermarkets are allowing only a few people in at a time and have markers on the floor to make sure everyone stands 6' apart and they have people enforcing this.

One grocery chain has installed sneeze guards at all the cashier stands, as well. They also have sanitizer and wipes and are asking all customers to bag their own groceries so that the baggers can help stock shelves.

Valued Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

People telling people to social distance is going to save lives. This is not the time to me all about doing whatever you want.

@Alison Wonderland  You are exactly right!! 

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  Wow that is fabulous!! I wish our stores would implement something like that! Most of our stores are allowing seniors for the 1st hour they are open, but that is the only difference. I think it's wonderful, but as I see from ur stores they could be doing more! Hopefully they will soon!

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

In today's society it is quite common for people to not follow rules or think a "tiny infraction" is a big deal.

It starts with children. They are allowed to to things that they were told not to do.  When they get caught, there is no accountability.  It happens at home and it happens at school.  How many times have you heard an adult say...it was just a little thing, no big deal?

These children grow up and they still test the waters.  They drive just a few miles over the speed limit, they only have a drink or two and drive.  They cheat on taxes.  They borrow office supplies for home use...just little things they know will probably have little consequence if they get caught.

Ask yourself..Which is worse?  Stealing $.05, $5 or $50?

IMO, they are all equal.  Stealing is stealing.  The amount makes no difference. The crime is the same.

Now back to adults not following orders during a dangerous time.  Why should they listen now?  It was okay when they were children and okay their whole life before.  Why should this time be any different?

Bottom line...people are going to do as they please.  They have been doing it their whole life and getting away with it with little or no accountability.  Now we reap what we sow as a society.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@CrazyDaisy I wish people would take personal responsibility and do what they need to do to keep us all safe.  Duty, honor, sacrifice, loyalty. . . all those things so out of fashion now.