Valued Contributor

I wish this was required for everyone to read!

Screenshot_20200323-095624.jpgWHY is this so hard for people to understand? Is it because really people are that selfish? I cannot think of any other valid reason WHY they wouldn't be abiding by the social distance recommendation that was put out. This is why unfortunately for those of us who do have common sense there are those who don't and so bc of those types of people it will affect us all if they have to enforce harsher methods which I don't think will happen at all anyways, but imo it should. It would only be temporary and it could help save lives. We're all in this together. Let's start acting like it. (Not you all specifically lol, just the U.S as a whole)

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I wish this was required for everyone to read!

I wish people would stop telling everyone else what to do. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

The only people I saw social distancing yesterday were the husband and wife in masks ahead of me at the Walmart check out lane.  They stayed back from the woman who was ahead of them so I did the same for them.  While waiting I looked at the next check out lane and noticed two women saying goodbye to each other, how good it was to see each other than the big hug.   I finished my one errand and went home but today I am behind a locked door at my office still working. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

There are so many "sources" reporting on the virus.  I only rely on the the CDC reports.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  Im sorry, I didn't realize that taking a sec to read a few statistics was so terrible,  its not like lives are at stake or anything. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Yesterday I went to the supermarket and was waiting til a 30-ish woman got her yogurt so I could get mine, keeping a safe distance away from her. When she looked up at me I said "I'm trying to keep a safe distance away from you before I reach in" to which she laughed. I said, " I don't think this is funny" and she rolled her eyes.
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Yesterday I went to the supermarket and was waiting til a 30-ish woman got her yogurt so I could get mine, keeping a safe distance away from her. When she looked up at me I said "I'm trying to keep a safe distance away from you before I reach in" to which she laughed. I said, " I don't think this is funny" and she rolled her eyes.

@Pearlee  Sorry you had that experience. It's a bummer that a lot of people aren't taking this seriously which endangers other people lives. It's actually quite maddening, bc not only should we be all coming together in a time of need like this, it would actually make a big difference in flattening the curve as they say. 

All we can do is keep following the protocols to keep us safe and everyone else safe as well even if they don't feel like returning the favor. At least we will be doing our part! Hang in there!

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Right! And, I wish we could minimize hearing about the virus - its on 24/7! Its not like we don't know - we do, its coming out of our ears. There has to be a distraction from constant media frenzy. 

Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

WOW! 

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

There are so many "sources" reporting on the virus.  I only rely on the the CDC reports.

@Imaoldhippie I also try to rely on those types of sources, but in this instance lets say the numbers aren't quite accurate...the reason I posted It is bc sometimes actually SEEING something can make an impact on someone rather than just hearing it for example. So, that was kinda my reason behind posting it bc the point is if people don't follow the distancing it WILL spread faster. That's a fact. (Whether it's 400 people or 2 people you infect, you're still infecting someone else) Just really hoping that people grasp the severity of this more than ANYTHING. 

~ Hope in TN ~