Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4  well they need to change because  younger people are not going to listen this C#$p

@Leggett28  The younger people I know have never heard of QVC. 

Respected Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Jeeze. Everyone needs to lighten up a bit! 

You all do realize these hosts are real people, not trained actors. Even in a "professional" setting people mispeak, use phrases, etc. I can only imagine if any one of us went on tv to sell something, with people speaking in our ears, the lights, etc. It's hard work, especially when you're doing it standing for hours. 

I love MB and think she seems like a genuinely kind person. I also think she does a great job presenting. 

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips  Also "dynamite" and "literally."  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Please stop with the phrases "etc". And "this is the thing".  I realize we all have our catch phrases.   Maybe she just doesn't realize how often she says them.      She's a nice lady and a good host otherwise,  more professional them some others. 

If this is how you really feel about Mary Beth, why bother to post one thing she does that irritates you and make it into a topic for discussion for the world to see. If this bothers you that much...... you could issue it as a complaint to the proper people.  I think that would be a better way to handle your frustration.

Honored Contributor

She's a class act.  Many have mentioned this before.  To love her, is to accept ALL.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jojo1010  You can't say "lighten up" on here, LOL.......just kidding, I got hammered the other day on here for using that phrase.    People get a bit crazy sometimes.

I don't see anything wrong with discussing the hosts as they are a big part of what we watch everyday !!  Not all peaches and cream all the time.  Just sayin.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched the Q in years.....many years.  Mary Beth was using this expression at the time I used to watch a lot....maybe even back to the CVN days.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor
I stopped watching MBR years ago. I found her boring, and repetitive.
Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Mary Beth has been saying this for 20 plus years, it's not ever going to change.

Very true.  It's annoying, nonetheless.