Esteemed Contributor

I wish Beekman would offer...

a small sample kit of their products.  The soaps,cremes etc.  I don't want a couple of pounds of soap I might not like.  I rarely send things back.  I did send some tarte makeup items back,I was so disgusted with it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Re: I wish Beekman would offer...

A sample kit would be nice. I love their lip balm and just bought the ten piece kit. 

Super Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

a small sample kit of their products.  The soaps,cremes etc.  I don't want a couple of pounds of soap I might not like.  I rarely send things back.  I did send some tarte makeup items back,I was so disgusted with it.

Thank you so much for this @MoJoV. I am very interested in trying their products but I am really shying away from kits of full sized products especially in the $40, $50, $60.00 or more price range. I would definitely spend $15.00 or $20.00 on a "try me" kit with soap, lotion and/or cream, body wash, etc. samples.  I have very sensitive, reactive, eczema prone skin and I have to be careful about what I use. I think companies that sell bath and body products would certainly create so many new customers if they would do this.

Kinda sorry I missed out on their 8 piece smaller soap bar sampler, but even that, with shipping and handling, and tax, would have been closing on $50.00 so I passed on it.

Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLady wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

Thank you so much for this @MoJoV. I am very interested in trying their products but I am really shying away from kits of full sized products especially in the $40, $50, $60.00 or more price range. I would definitely spend $15.00 or $20.00 on a "try me" kit with soap, lotion and/or cream, body wash, etc. samples.  I have very sensitive, reactive, eczema prone skin and I have to be careful about what I use. I think companies that sell bath and body products would certainly create so many new customers if they would do this.

Kinda sorry I missed out on their 8 piece smaller soap bar sampler, but even that, with shipping and handling, and tax, would have been closing on $50.00 so I passed on it.

They do listen to suggestions, so maybe give them a call.  They will be back in Nov. and it would be nice to see a sampler set.  I purchased the bar soaps last year when it was a TSV and I still have soap.  The soap is really creamy.  I am ordering a ylang ylang body wash to try.  Not ordering any sets until I try the body wash.  Even with shipping and handling It is less then I pay for philosphy which I also like.

Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLady I've tried a lot of their products and I found their goat milk products without the fragrance is best for someone with sensitive skin. The soap is worth the money and they suggest you cut them in half if you think the bars are too big. You really don't have to use body lotion after a bath if you use their soap. Their liquid bath soap does not lather very much and I don't care for their lotions, I find them sticky. I use their dish liquid soap at the farm sink in my summer kitchen and I love it, you don't need much of it and it cleans like crazy.

Trusted Contributor

Have you tried looking on their website?  Evine is not the only retailer of their roducts.  They have their own website plus I believe ther products are available in some Targets.

While Evine may be a good choice for larger quntities, it may be worth paying a bit  more for a single bar of soap, a small container of cream, or a lip balm.

Trusted Contributor

I agree!  I hesitate to buy these large full-sized soap bars until I have had the opportunity to sample the scent since I am sensitive to many strong scents. 

Trusted Contributor

Incidently "Nubian" is a very nice brand of goats milk products.  Comes in many scents, and is availabe at my local Whole Foods. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gonnab wrote:

I agree!  I hesitate to buy these large full-sized soap bars until I have had the opportunity to sample the scent since I am sensitive to many strong scents. 

They had a set of travel sized soaps a few months ago as a TTV with I think pretty much every one of their scents. It is fantastic! I am putting some of the small bars in gift baskets I give out during the Holidays. I've done this a few times now using the bigger bars and everyone who I gifted the bar soaps to love them!

Image result for beekman travel size

Super Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@ChazzyLady I've tried a lot of their products and I found their goat milk products without the fragrance is best for someone with sensitive skin. The soap is worth the money and they suggest you cut them in half if you think the bars are too big. You really don't have to use body lotion after a bath if you use their soap. Their liquid bath soap does not lather very much and I don't care for their lotions, I find them sticky. I use their dish liquid soap at the farm sink in my summer kitchen and I love it, you don't need much of it and it cleans like crazy.

Are the full sized bars easy to cut in half @blackhole99?  I am kind of picturing myself sawing through one of these and, oops, an unexpected trip to the ER! Sometimes products have perforations or indentations to make it easier to cut/break in half.

Thanks!