Esteemed Contributor

Re: I will experience the coldest weather in my life Sunday Night...

Oh my that's cold! And I thought it was cold here in PA at 11 degrees, and 3 and 4 degrees coming at night, with windchills of less! (They cancelled the local fireworks already for New Years Eve b.c of it, but we weren't going anyway). Stay safe and warm. Brrr Im colder just thinking of it! (I'm a lover of Summer lol).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

@hopi,

Horreur! My oldest son is a freshman at U Chicago, I measure in Centrigates however provinding that there is not much wind I imagine lots of library time+hot chocolate 🌻Stay warm and happy cold new year!

Honored Contributor

@IMW

The Polar Bear Club canceled their New Year's dip in Ocean City, NJ.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

...New Years Eve here in Nebraska. 

Lows will reach about -21...and that doesn't include the wind chill factor! I will see what it's like to live in northern MN, Canada or the Arctic Circle...LOL

Ive felt it when temps reached about -10...or if it was about 0 with winds that brought the wind chill factor down to about -20...but not as low as it will be Sunday Night...

@Susan Louise

Hey you youngster, or did you live in Nebraska in 1989?

Lived all my 78+ years in Nebraska. In 1989 it shows -47°F as the coldest day. I remember that year well because my youngest older sister died that year, it also was the year I turned 50. Will always remember that year, and the cold, for those reasons.

Bundle up in layers of clothes and you will be nice and comfy, that's what I have always done.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

It is really cold here in the Chicago area.  Even feels cold in the house!

I remember 1978-1979 winter after the big snowfall it being -21 not including wind chill.  I lived in an apartment with radiator heat.  It was cold all the time even with the radiators going all the time.  I sat on the couch with my Siamese cat under a thermal blanket most of the time.

It is COLD!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@hopi,

Horreur! My oldest son is a freshman at U Chicago, I measure in Centrigates however provinding that there is not much wind I imagine lots of library time+hot chocolate 🌻Stay warm and happy cold new year!

@CHIP62

Such an excellent University.

We have had one of the mildest winters this year.  The last 2 weeks have been snowing and below zero.  He will be fine.  I am sure you miss him.

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep - January 20, 1985, in Chicago.,  -27°F, but it felt like -80°F.  I remember taking the batteries out of our cars and bringing them indoors so they wouldn't freeze.  

Honored Contributor

It's not that big of a deal if you dress right when you are outside.  We've been in single digits for a few days now but the only time I felf the cold was when I went from the house to the car.  The house, the car and everywhere I went was heated.  I don't care about the cold as long as there isn't snow, or at not a lot of snow.

Esteemed Contributor

I was born and lived 20 years in Duluth, Minnesota, If it wasn't bad the girls didn't wear overshoes to school. I had a hill like to catch a bus to school. I am living now outside of LA for over 50 years.The last few days it was in the 80's here. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

In the Blizzard of '77, in Buffalo NY, the wind chill got to something like -55 degrees .....    It's not all it's cracked up to be ... stay inside. 

I Hope you have a fireplace and plenty of logs.   That kind  of weather shows you just how well your home is insulated!   

Brrrr ....