Esteemed Contributor

Re: I will always remember April 28th 2020.

I am sad for you. May you find comfort in your mother's memory. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  So sorry for your loss. Tomorrow 4/29 will be one year since I lost my sister to that same horrible disease. I had almost the identical experience as you did with the hospital. I get so angry when people claim it's a hoax, or that the people who died would have passed anyway. If they suffered the losses we did, they might have a different view....

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry for you and your family. How awful to not be there to tell them goodbye with hugs and kisses. It breaks my heart. This Covid is horrible. Blessings to all who have suffered a loss and suffered with this virus. Praying for this crazy world!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes   so sorry for your loss, I know it’s heart breaking.  To all those who lost someone from Covid, while others don’t believe.  Hugs and prayers for you.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips   I lost my mom unexpectedly,  she was 59 in 2000.  I had such a hard time on several Mother’s Day.  I am not a mom, so I decided that would be the day I would celebrate her every year.  The pain lessens, but we don’t forget.  It’s 21 years this year and I still miss her.  I’m blessed to still have my dad, who is 83 today.  Now I just think of the happy childhood times, and the memories that make me smile.  I no longer cry about it.  I know what you are feeling though.  Take care!  Hugs!  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

So sorry about your Mom....  Heart

Yesterday, April 27th, would have been my Dad's 100th birthday ..... he passed in 2004, but we never forget his birthday.   Heart

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@Puppy Lips   I lost my mom unexpectedly,  she was 59 in 2000.  I had such a hard time on several Mother’s Day.  I am not a mom, so I decided that would be the day I would celebrate her every year.  The pain lessens, but we don’t forget.  It’s 21 years this year and I still miss her.  I’m blessed to still have my dad, who is 83 today.  Now I just think of the happy childhood times, and the memories that make me smile.  I no longer cry about it.  I know what you are feeling though.  Take care!  Hugs!  

@lynnie61 That is a lovely tradition.  However, I don't think I will ever get there.  My Dad passed in 2016.  Five years later, the thought of having a day of remembrance and celebrating his life - well just the thought is getting me choked up.  I think it would turn into a day of tears and depression.  Both of their deaths left such a hole in my heart.  I miss my in laws too.  But when it is your own parents, that loss goes so much deeper.  But, I am sure our long lost loved ones would want us to move on and make the most of our time left, as that is what they did after their parents passed, and that is what I am trying to do.

Hugs to you too!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

My sympathy to your family.  She must have been surrendered by love from all her kids.  Covid is so cruel.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,  I am so very sorry about your mother.  It is so difficult to lose your mother, but especially in the circumstances you faced without being able to visit her and spend time with her.  My heart goes out to you as you face the anniversary of her passing. Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *