Respected Contributor

I will always remember April 28th 2020.

Today my Mom has been gone for 1 year, taken by the Covid Virus. She was 88 yrs old, lived a wonderful and blessed life, mom of 10 children and we all love her dearly. I know she is in a good place.  To all who have lost love ones to that horrible virus, my heart goes out to you, it's devastating to know that your loveone is alone going through it. I am my moms oldest child and I was the one they kept in contract with during her hospital stay and I could not visit her of course. The day she died they had called  me to advise they were sending her back to the nursing home and 15 minutes later they called me and said she just passed.  I only got to see her 1 time via a nurses cell phone, she was on a ventilator and in a coma and that was about 3 days before she died. Sorry to go on and on, Love you Mom !! 

Honored Contributor

Re: I will always remember April 28th 2020.

I am so sorry, @Goodie2shoes. Thank you for this tribute to your Mom who you clearly love and miss very much. HeartHeartHeart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  HUGS TO YOU ...   I'm sure you miss her every day and today is truly the most sad for you of all.  Stay strong.  Smile at all the things around you that bring you your Mom and remind you of her.   

Esteemed Contributor

Goodie2Shoes, your headline caught my attention because it's my dh's 74th birthday today.  I am so sorry to hear about your mom passing away from Covid 19.  Take care of yourself.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sorry for your loss.  My Mom passed on August 20, 2020.  She did not have the virus, as she was tested many times, but we could not see her because of the virus.  She was either in her senior living appartment, the hospital, or at the end, assisted living.  Of course all the places had restrictions on visitations.  I did get to see her in the hospital once when we thought she might pass.  The last time I did see her was on July 9, when we met her in the waiting room of the dentist's office when she had an appointment.  We talked on the phone often.  I was going to call her the night before she passed, but didn't, and I will always regret that.

With Mother's day coming up, and all the "gift" advertising, it makes me very sad.  Though I am a mother myself, somehow the day has lost all meaning and I don't want to think about it or hear about it.

I am still going through her things, and I have so many questions about "who is that in this photo," or "where did you get that?"  It is just hard, but I guess we all have to go through it in one form or another.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss @Goodie2shoes. Losing a loved one is difficult under any circumstance but the Covid crisis made it even harder.  Not being able to be with a loved one in their last days and hours is such a terrible thought.

You posted a loving tribute to your Mom here and again I am so very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom many years ago and all of the Mother's Day things still make my heart ache to some extent. When the loss is recent, it is even harder.

I can only imagine how difficult it has been for people losing their loved ones without being able to be with them.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.  I bet you think of something every day you wish you could tell her.  I lost mine in 2003, of West Nile Virus. and still. miss her constantly but Mother's Day is always especially difficult.  We were Best Friends. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  😪👵🙏💔🌹🌥

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread