Valued Contributor

There were 42 of us.  I had fun!  I don't know if acrylic paints and I get along.  Maybe I just need good brushes.

IMG_20151202_225923.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: I went to a painting party!

I like it, it's stylized like illustration.

Respected Contributor

I love your painting ! There is one of these places near me and I always am wondering how they work, do they have the whole group do the same thing, or does everyone do their own idea ?

Esteemed Contributor

You are so talented Lori, I really enjoy each thread you have started showing us each new painting. I wish I had a tenth of the talent you had. I wrote you on an earlier thread telling you that my daughter and I had gone to a drinking and drawing classes. This is always something I wish I could do, even decently. While I will never be as good as you, I keep going to my classes and I can see a little improvement but mostly it is a stress free night out with my daughter. 

We will be joining some Bob Ross classes too. I always enjoyed watching him on TV, it is so interesting seeing how he starts with something you think will never come out good and then it just starts appearing. I find he gives good tips especially for someone with no artistic ability that doesn't know where to even start and he "shows" you how to get there. Obviously he isn't around but apparently there are people that are certified to teach his style of painting so my daughter and I signed up for that.

Have you always been so artistic? Did you have any schooling? I just love your stuff so please, show us all you have. I know I enjoy it!!! Thanks!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

What a GREAT painting!  I can't imagine coming up with something that good.  Did they teach you any technique prior to starting  or did you just pick up your brush and start cold?

Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

You are so talented Lori, I really enjoy each thread you have started showing us each new painting. I wish I had a tenth of the talent you had. I wrote you on an earlier thread telling you that my daughter and I had gone to a drinking and drawing classes. This is always something I wish I could do, even decently. While I will never be as good as you, I keep going to my classes and I can see a little improvement but mostly it is a stress free night out with my daughter. 

We will be joining some Bob Ross classes too. I always enjoyed watching him on TV, it is so interesting seeing how he starts with something you think will never come out good and then it just starts appearing. I find he gives good tips especially for someone with no artistic ability that doesn't know where to even start and he "shows" you how to get there. Obviously he isn't around but apparently there are people that are certified to teach his style of painting so my daughter and I signed up for that.

Have you always been so artistic? Did you have any schooling? I just love your stuff so please, show us all you have. I know I enjoy it!!! Thanks!

I think Bob Ross has a You Tube channel with all his episodes.  I always enjoyed him too.  "happy little trees"  It was awe inspiring to watch him work and create such beautiful nature pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

Cute !
Valued Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I love your painting ! There is one of these places near me and I always am wondering how they work, do they have the whole group do the same thing, or does everyone do their own idea ?

Everyone does the same painting.  It's amazing how people paint with their own style.  A friend went with me and she did hers as abstract.  It was outstanding!

Valued Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I have never taken an art class before.  I just love to see what comes out of my hands.m I really do think God paints through my hands.

Just keep painting, start looking things differently.  When you look at a tree, see how it flows.  I do that with trees, weeds whatever.  Everything in my eyes is amazing.

Always enjoy the time with your daughter and all the relaxing moments spent painting.  It's where you don't think of anything else.  It's really is stress free!

Respected Contributor

your painting is really good!

i went to a paint & sip party with a group of women and we all painted a picture too.  it was a lot of fun and mine wasn't too bad until i had to paint butterflies!  then i ran into trouble.  my husband loves it and refuses to throw it away.

evidently these painting places are cropping up all across the country and are very popular.

btw, we painted and drank wine!!