Honored Contributor

I went to Costco yesterday....

I  thought I would go before we get all the cold temps and ice and snow over the weekend and into next week.   The weather is going to be frightfully cold here by Christmas... highs in the 20's during the day! (Seattle area)

Thankfully I was there  at Costco  before they opened... IT WAS A MAD HOUSE BY THE TIME I LEFT!  OMG! People were lined up to just get to the parking lot at least a mile or more... and that was just to find parking... can not imagine how it is today. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I went to Costco yesterday....

You couldn't pay me to go out shopping in a store today.  I hate crowded spaces.

Honored Contributor

No way I would go to Costco this week.  Hubby went last week to get gas and started to ask if I wanted to go, but I stopped him in his tracks.  When he got home he said I was right.  He didn't even go inside.

Honored Contributor

I went to Academy Sports today to pick up a last minute gift.  While it was busy, it wasn't crazy.  I wouldn't dare go to Target or Walmart today.  I'm sure it's complete madness.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaideni'm in WA for the Holidays and we went to a Fred Myer yesterday!  Surprised there were hardly any long lines for checkout.    We just bought food but i was knocked out by the store!!  Jewelry shop right by the Produce dept.... i think i'd find a reason to go there every day!!   

Honored Contributor

I could have guessed what Costco would be like the week before Christmas, even without the threat of bad weather which always increases grocery store activity.  Wild horses couldn't have gotten me near the place. 

@SeaMaiden   You should have known better.  Did you ever get in? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I  thought I would go before we get all the cold temps and ice and snow over the weekend and into next week.   The weather is going to be frightfully cold here by Christmas... highs in the 20's during the day! (Seattle area)

Thankfully I was there  at Costco  before they opened... IT WAS A MAD HOUSE BY THE TIME I LEFT!  OMG! People were lined up to just get to the parking lot at least a mile or more... and that was just to find parking... can not imagine how it is today. 

I went to Costco on Wednesday at 11:30am thinking I'd beat the crowds. No, I did not it was a mad house. I ran in and grabbed the few things I needed, but would never go the week of again. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I could have guessed what Costco would be like the week before Christmas, even without the threat of bad weather which always increases grocery store activity.  Wild horses couldn't have gotten me near the place. 

@SeaMaiden   You should have known better.  Did you ever get in? 

@Kachina624  I got there right when they opened....there were still parking spaces.  Got in and out.  But when I left it was a zoo in the parking lot and peopl e were lined up JUST to get to the parking lot....it was a mad frenzy when I left!

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@SeaMaideni'm in WA for the Holidays and we went to a Fred Myer yesterday!  Surprised there were hardly any long lines for checkout.    We just bought food but i was knocked out by the store!!  Jewelry shop right by the Produce dept.... i think i'd find a reason to go there every day!!   

@CatsyCline @I go to Fred Meyer all  time! My favorite store! You can do everything in one stop!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I'm in Kirkland, just 1.5 miles from our Costco. A relative went the other day with almost the same story! Possible rain & snow mix tomorrow a.m. or tomorrow night. Not a fan of snow at all. Glad you made it out all in one piece Smiley LOL