Honored Contributor

Re: I went to Costco yesterday....

@Shawnie wrote:

@SeaMaiden no way would i go to a mall, Walmart or Costco this past week!!  I did order some things from Costco on Wednesday and they were delivered and placed on my porch yesterday afternoon.  That is the way to go--no crowds, no driving, and free delivery.  

@Shawnie  The only reason I went at all is because the weather is suppose to turn for the worse all this next week...very cold and icy roads.  I wanted to pick up needed things so no traveling had to be done this coming week after Christmas.  Normally I would never go shopping right before Christmas! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

We tried to get into Costco at 10am on Thurs, but the lines were out on the two roads going in, so we passed.

Today, I got up and went at 8:30am, knowing it was opening at 9am. When I got there just about a dozen cars parked, and the doors were already open.  Got my two things and quickly left in 10 minutes; the parking lot was packed, the line to the gas was building quickly, and did my escape home. I hit it just right.

@Nomore 

How do you get in at 8:30? I would love to be able to go at this time whenever I make my Costco trips.

Trusted Contributor

That photo looks like the WM all the time, even without a fire! It is one disgusting place. 

Trusted Contributor

Costco is always hustle and bustle when I go, even when it isn't the holidays. My own "sweet spot" is 1:00 on Wed. afternoons....the Costco I prefer has very few shoppers. . One of the perks of being retired. I can shop and avoid the after work or weekend crowds.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden Did you happen into the food department and notice that crab legs increased almost 100% in cost and instead of four items there were only two.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@SeaMaiden Did you happen into the food department and notice that crab legs increased almost 100% in cost and instead of four items there were only two.

@tobes   No, I do not eat or buy crab legs... but I have seen a lot of price raises of a dollar and more

Valued Contributor

We had to drive 40 minutes to go to Costco. It didn't bother us, because there is a Trader's Joe next to it.

A couple of months ago a new Costco was built in my area, Now both are super busy all the time.

Respected Contributor

Try going to the Costco Eye Department a couple of days before FSA runs out for the year.  Or being in the gas line this week.  DD was home from school and needed glasses even though she doesn't have FSA.  I needed gas.  Both were very busy.

Valued Contributor

@icezeus 

This Costco opens a few minutes ahead of time on most days, like 5-10 min. I think they see the crowd outside and employees are ready.

When I got there, I was very surprised they already had opened that much earlier than the 9am opening time (holiday hours vs normal hour of 10am), instead of the few minutes. They must have anticipated the crowds by the days/week before because it's been even more crowded this year than other years (where it has been the jam-packed anyway).

I like going on regular Thurs mornings when they open at 9am for 60+.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nomore 

Allright now I understand.  I was not thinking. I am in my mid 50's so my time to get in is at 10:00

My brother has a business account and I think he can get in around 9.

I wish they opened earlier for all customers.