Honored Contributor

I waved to Noah as The Ark passed by

[ Edited ]

We are seriously sopping wet in Dade and Broward Counties. Ground is super saturated from such a quick dumping of so much rainwater from Eta. Water is not draining at all my friend's houses which are spread throughout both counties. There will be no one driving out of their neighborhood today unless they own a Water Car (amphibious car made by Jeep).

We have special water pumps out my way that we pay EXTRA for with our property taxes. I don't think they have been turned on yet. I called and the emergency person for my city was going to pass the message on to public works. They can't turn the pumps on while it's still storming but it's not storming now so they need to get going. We pay every year for these special pumps at a cost in the billions. 

Anyway, we're fine here and so is everyone I've spoken with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

UPDATED AT 5:04 P.M.

email from property management company

uncontrollable flooding. As a result of the quantity of rain brought on by Tropical Storm Eta, the lakes and ground have saturated beyond their usual capacity. Drainage in our area is handled by two methods: The First, is Gravity fed drains that lead stormwater runoff to the lakes, and the Second, Water draining through the ground into the natural Aquifer. When we experience rain to the extent we recently did, the lake's capacity can be exceeded, resulting in water flowing back to the property. This excessive quantity of rain also affects what is known as the water table. When the ground is over saturated, it cannot accept any more water until the water table is lowered. What happens next? The South Broward Drainage District prepares in advance for these situations and has remote access to many of the lift stations in the area to help lower lake levels. Drainage of these

lakes takes place automatically by the Drainage District; however, it is important to understand that they work closely with other drainage districts to accomplish this. Drainage in this area goes towards canals in the East which leads to the ocean. This process requires drainage of the lower levels to accommodate the water from the West. Rest assured that this process is taking place, and only requires your continued patience while this is coordinated. Please see the attached checklist and waterflow diagrams.
Stay safe and Be well,

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I waved to Noah as The Ark passed by

@Mindy D , I am so sorry you guys are having to deal with all of this and hope things get under control soon but I must say, I did chuckle when I saw the title of your thread.   

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Quick PLEASE re-route that water to South Texas we need it BADLY!!!  Please stay safe!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mindy D 

Quick PLEASE re-route that water to South Texas we need it BADLY!!!  Please stay safe!!!

@Spurt @Do you think Amazon will deliver it? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

F16BC63E-1FBA-45F0-A4CE-1BDA7616EF22.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mindy D 

@Spurt @Do you think Amazon will deliver it? Smiley Happy

@Mindy D 

Yep, PRIME DELIVERY available 😉🚐 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”