Frequent Contributor

Re: I was stung by a bee today

Make a paste with vinegar and soda . put on right away.  Takes itching and redness away and helps with swelling.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry this happened to you.

Yesterday, my husband and I were out shopping & he decided to fill up at the gas station.

When he opened his gas tank door, he noticed some white residue on the gas cap. He brushed it away and then went to turn the cap. Several wasps flew at him and one succeeded to sting him on his left hand. Apparently paper wasps had built a nest inside the compartment. He is very diligent about watching out for nests around our house but never did he think that they would choose a spot like this. I think I do remember hearing that stinging insects are attracted to the smell of gas but I would also have never expected to find a nest inside my gas cap.

Afterwards we realized how much worse it could have been, but it certainly took him by surprise at the time.

Reggie

Honored Contributor

Soda or baking soda?

@winker wrote:

Make a paste with vinegar and soda . put on right away.  Takes itching and redness away and helps with swelling.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Good thing you aren't allergic 

Make a baking soda paste and it takes the sting away - mix baking soda with some water to make a thick paste 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox

I was taught to make a thick paste with baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the sting and wait 10-15 before removing. 

I hope you feel better. 

Respected Contributor

OMG so painful and I am allergic. Sorry to hear you got stung! Ice helps and like others mentioned even baking soda and water in a paste and let it sit on your skin. Even mint or menthol helps the itch. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Soda or baking soda?

@winker wrote:

Baking soda and water in a paste to the area also works. 

Had once been bitten by a lazy yellow jacket -- it was in the fall and I probably disturbed it as it was going in for a winter's nap among the peonies. It bit my hand near my thumb. I swatted it dead with the other hand, but it must have left its stinger in me as I felt pain for over an hour.  I had to use a tweezers to remove it (several hours later). 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have a bee phobia, I have never been stung by a bee but I'm sure that I am allergic to bee venom.  Hence, my phobia.  I have no reason to think that but I have always thought that and since I am highly intuitive..I think it's true.  

Respected Contributor

Every day, late in the afternoon as the sun gets low, there have been bees around the pool (foragers searching for a water source to go back and tell their colony about) and they don't leave until the sun goes down. Wouldn't you know, that's the time of day that we want to go in the pool too. So, we wait till after sun down.....don't want to take any chances of getting stung. ):

Honored Contributor

Remember going barefoot as a kid,lots of bee stings back then, unless you are allergic,not a big deal.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.