Honored Contributor

First time in my life, we were at the pool, there were lots of little bees flying around, as we were sitting at lunch the side of my knee started itching and it became swollen and balck and blue. I am thankful that a friend had a benadryl. The medics on staff did very little, they didn't even offer me ice.

Right now it is still swollen and black and blue.

Its been an interesting day 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: I was stung by a bee today

Your are lucky.  Sometimes the sting can really burn (it happened to my mother).  A friend of mine is a nurse and she said they carry meat tenderizer on the ambulance for bee stings.  Be glad you were not allergic.  Hope it feels better.  I have never had a bee sting.   HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Did you find the stinger and pull it out?

When I was younger, my husband and I went to Niagara Falls State Park. There was a beautiful, lush green lawn that went on forever. DH took his shoes off to walk in the grass. He said, "You have to feel this grass. It's unbelievable! C'mon, take off your shoes!" I really didn't want to, but he convinced me. My first step on that lush green grass, I collapsed to the ground in pain. I sat there, tears streaming down my face, in unbearable pain. I had stepped on a bee.

DH thought I was playing some sort of practical joke and started laughing until he realized I was serious. He looked at the bottom of my foot and was able to pull out the stinger. Long story short.... we got to the hospital where a nurse came at me with a 10-foot long needle (okay, I exaggerate). She was going to shoot it in my hip. I said, "Ohhhhhhh nooooo." I left without the injection. At home, I iced and took Benadryl.

My foot was swollen 3x its size for days. I couldn't wear shoes. Now I know I'm allergic to bee stings.

Esteemed Contributor

Wishing you a speedy recovery @I am still oxox! ❤️

I can relate!  The last time I was stung I went off the diving board without knowing wasps had built a nest underneath. I got stung several times on the legs, back, stomach, and bottom.  Ouch!  Ouch!  Ouch!  Oh, that hurt!

Thank goodness you were able to get some Benedryl soon after.  A shame the medics couldn't/wouldn't do anything to help.  Keep an ice pack nearby to reduce swelling.  Hugs to you!  😊

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox ~ I'm sorry that happened to you.  Kind of puts a damper on a day at the pool, doesn't it?

Last year around this time I was out front watering the garden with the hose.  I started watering one of our flower beds and began to feel all these pinching sensations.  I looked down at my wrist and a yellowjacket was there!  I had long sleeves on and they managed to get up my sleeves.  They were in my hair.  It was, without a doubt, the most painful and horrifying experience I ever had.  I dropped the hose (water still running) and ran into the house.  I could hear them buzzing in my hair.  I called my step-dad (he and my mom live next door) and begged him to come over and check the house.  Several were on the windows.  Long story short, I went to urgent care as I learned that very day I was allergic.  I remember looking out the front window shortly after this happened and they were flying head on into my car sitting in the driveway.  I know they are only defending their nest but man, that hurt like you-know-what.  Hope your sting heals soon!

Honored Contributor

I went to the medics and the kid did not see anything I think I will look with a magnifying glass

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I was lucky we had ice pack in our lunch, so I sat with my leg up with the ice on it.

@wildcat fan wrote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery @I am still oxox! ❤️

I can relate!  The last time I was stung I went off the diving board without knowing wasps had built a nest underneath. I got stung several times on the legs, back, stomach, and bottom.  Ouch!  Ouch!  Ouch!  Oh, that hurt!

Thank goodness you were able to get some Benedryl soon after.  A shame the medics couldn't/wouldn't do anything to help.  Keep an ice pack nearby to reduce swelling.  Hugs to you!  😊

Respected Contributor

While waiting for a table in a restaurant this afternoon, I browsed the book rack in the gift shop and there was a book "Natural Amish Remedlies" and one was for bee stings.  Says to wash a copper penny and put it on the sting and cover with a bandaid.  News to me, but who knows.

Honored Contributor

I was stung once, and it was in a grocery store of all places. It hurt a bit, but mostly I was just amazed that of all the times I was outdoors, he got me inside.🐝🐝

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Oh my! 

I hope you are okay!Heart

It always amazes me how something so small can hurt so much!