Honored Contributor

Re: I was stung by a bee today

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Oh dear! What did Urgent Care do?

They looked at my leg asked a lot of questions and gave me a tetnus shot, not all that much but I am still glad that I went

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

They looked at my leg asked a lot of questions and gave me a tetnus shot, not all that much but I am still glad that I went.

That tetanus shot is good for 10 years!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

They looked at my leg asked a lot of questions and gave me a tetnus shot, not all that much but I am still glad that I went

@I am still oxox

No antibiotics?????  Perhaps they thought the Benadryl was sufficient in your case, but that black and blue area looks concerning............I wish you a speedy recovery! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Argh!    sorry you got stung.  Bees terrify me to the point that I've actually goen into shock.  Last sting I was a kid and I also remember one time, when I was a kid, that one landed on my leg while we were at the park.   I was practically in shock but, of course, the cruel mother just told me to shut up and get over it.   

I don't know why they scare me so, but it's just beyond anything else.  A snake could land on me and, while I would be quite scared, it wouldn't be one tenth of having a bee in my atmosphere.

@chickenbutt

Bees can be terrifying to those that are highly allergic.....my brother broke out in hives and he was having problems breathing, and had to be rushed to the hospital!  He has to carry one of those allergy pens with him at all times.....and he likes to go fishing and be in the outdoors so its a bit dangerous for hm in the spring/summer when bees are prevelant!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It was a reaction not an infection thus no antibiotics

@Spurt wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@I am still oxox

No antibiotics?????  Perhaps they thought the Benadryl was sufficient in your case, but that black and blue area looks concerning............I wish you a speedy recovery! 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.