Honored Contributor

Re: I was stung by a bee today

Argh!    sorry you got stung.  Bees terrify me to the point that I've actually goen into shock.  Last sting I was a kid and I also remember one time, when I was a kid, that one landed on my leg while we were at the park.   I was practically in shock but, of course, the cruel mother just told me to shut up and get over it.   

I don't know why they scare me so, but it's just beyond anything else.  A snake could land on me and, while I would be quite scared, it wouldn't be one tenth of having a bee in my atmosphere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox

Be very careful regarding your bee sting.   I had been stung before when I was a teenager and nothing happened, however, a year ago, I was stung by a paper wasp (my cats distrubed their nest which was in a decorative bird house on my patio and the cats knocked it over, I heard a noise and ran to the patio to see what the commotion was and got stung).  I washed the area with soap, put Neosporin on it and took Benadryl and it looked fine for 2 days, then it became red and swollen, I went to Urgent Care and they gave me a mild antibiotic, the Doctor said if the redness grew to call them, it grew and I called Urgent Care and they told me to go to the Emergency Room......I was given a more powerful antibiotic....well it took care of the wasp sting, then I broke into a rash and found out I was allergic to the anti-biotic....I went to the doctor and she told me since the wasp sting had cleared up to stop taking the anti-biotic and take Benadryl until the rash cleared up...........My cats little escapade costs me over $1000. with my insurance co-pays and all and bills from clinics, hospital and doctors...........🐝

Hope you are well and healed from your bee sting! 

One thing I found out is paper wasps arent aggressive unless you disturb their nests and paper wasps dont have stingers...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@I am still oxox

Be very careful regarding your bee sting.   I had been stung before when I was a teenager and nothing happened, however, a year ago, I was stung by a paper wasp (my cats distrubed their nest which was in a decorative bird house on my patio and the cats knocked it over, I heard a noise and ran to the patio to see what the commotion was and got stung).  I washed the area with soap, put Neosporin on it and took Benadryl and it looked fine for 2 days, then it became red and swollen, I went to Urgent Care and they gave me a mild antibiotic, the Doctor said if the redness grew to call them, it grew and I called Urgent Care and they told me to go to the Emergency Room......I was given a more powerful antibiotic....well it took care of the wasp sting, then I broke into a rash and found out I was allergic to the anti-biotic....I went to the doctor and she told me since the wasp sting had cleared up to stop taking the anti-biotic and take Benadryl until the rash cleared up...........My cats little escapade costs me over $1000. with my insurance co-pays and all and bills from clinics, hospital and doctors...........🐝

One thing I found out is paper wasps arent aggressive unless you disturb their nests and paper wasps dont have stingers...........

Thank you I said to my husband if the area is still black and blue tomorrow I am going to urgent care.

leg 2.png

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox, that looks horrible.   I've never seen anything like it.   Does it hurt?

Honored Contributor

@Bri36

It is a little sore, but it doesn't really hurt

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Thank you I said to my husband if the area is still black and blue tomorrow I am going to urgent care.

leg 2.png

@I am still oxox

I doubt that huge black and blue area is going to disappear overnight.  I'd consider going to the doctor now.  That doesn't look like a typical bee sting.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Never had a result of a bee sting like that,it looks like you hit your leg.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Are you on any blood thinners? Looks like a bruise more than a sting.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Just returned from urgent care, it is a sting that inflamed a vein which is why it is so angry looking

Honored Contributor

Oh dear! What did Urgent Care do?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼