Honored Contributor

Re: I was charged the Return Shipping fee for each item in the box!!

[ Edited ]

Return fees with the prepaid label are based on weight, not how many items were returned.  It's spelled out in the return policy. $6.95 for 5lbs, I think.  Next level is $8.95, etc.  Original shipping deducted per item.  The QVC approved return trumps that.  Return charge should have been $0.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The only way that I know of where you can get your return postage money back is if you purchased those products through the Paypal payment option at checkout. PP will refund you what it cost to ship it back. You need to sign up for this PP service in order to use it.

@SilleeMee  A couple of questions.  Does PP automatically refund the shipping?  And how do they know to do that?  And the amount.

When you say "you need to sign up for this PP service" does that mean something more than just having a PP account?

Thanks in advance.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The only way that I know of where you can get your return postage money back is if you purchased those products through the Paypal payment option at checkout. PP will refund you what it cost to ship it back. You need to sign up for this PP service in order to use it.

@SilleeMee  A couple of questions.  Does PP automatically refund the shipping?  And how do they know to do that?  And the amount.

When you say "you need to sign up for this PP service" does that mean something more than just having a PP account?

Thanks in advance.

@esmerelda ,

Yes, you need to activate the service. Go here to sign up or you can google 'Return Shipping Refund PayPal'. They will show you what to do and how to get your refund.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If you just want to know what this is all about then go here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-f...

HTHWoman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Good evening~

I had my own fiery conversation with a customer service representative today regarding shipping charges for a return.  I am still fuming over it, BUT this is the wake-up call I needed to curb my spending here.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @SilleeMee and @sunshine45.  Done!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome @esmerelda 

Also wanted to mention that if you use a pre-paid return label then you will need the confirm email sent to you when the store received your returned item. That email shows the amount of shipping deducted from the store's refund and the email needs to be uploaded to PP to show proof of return shipping  cost. There's a place for that upload on the form to fill out.

Occasional Contributor

HSN will only charge for the one shipping label used. I always send multiple items back, because the shipping label states that it is a flat rate for x amount of weight, and a higher flat rate for x+y amount of weight. If I want to send multiples back to QVC, I have learned the hard way to pay for my own shipping.  However, make sure you get actual tracking (UPS or FedEX) becuase it takes QVC much longer to "notice" that the return has been made when you use your own mailing.

New Contributor

Yep!  I have to send back a makeup palette which does not look like what was presented.  In order to send it back i have to pay return shipping plus a $6.95 Label Fee!  The label they enclosed in my package whether I used it or not. Plus it looks like someone ran their fingers across a couple of the shades so it looks like this is a resale on top of it.  Pretty shocking and now I will be doing my make-up shopping at Sephora and Ulta.  I can walk in those stores and know what I'm getting.  Just a waste of money and not worth it.  

Honored Contributor

@bjkvb wrote:

Yep!  I have to send back a makeup palette which does not look like what was presented.  In order to send it back i have to pay return shipping plus a $6.95 Label Fee!  The label they enclosed in my package whether I used it or not. Plus it looks like someone ran their fingers across a couple of the shades so it looks like this is a resale on top of it.  Pretty shocking and now I will be doing my make-up shopping at Sephora and Ulta.  I can walk in those stores and know what I'm getting.  Just a waste of money and not worth it.  

if your item is damaged or not as pictured, put the return label on the package, note the problem on the return receipt. you will not be charged anything. if you ARE charged, make sure to call customer service or contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com. allow 2 - 3 weeks for a refund.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein