Occasional Visitor

I was charged the Return Shipping fee for each item in the box!!

Just hung up with customer service and ask her to explain why when QVC sent me the wrong shirt,I returned the shirt using the return label and put 2 more items in the box they charged me $6.95 for each of the two additional  items included in the box.  Customer service rep said that there are no "freebies" and that is their policy.  I said that I should only be charged if I used the return lables and since i was already sending the wrong shirt back (QVC mistake)  I used the same package which did not add much weight.  But she argued with me  stating that is their policy to charge $6.95 since it was a  return.  So i said, if i would have paid for the return shipping myself, you still would charge me $6.95. she said no but since i put  the items in the same box, they have to charge me.  It makes no sense, i only used 1 return shipping label due to QVC mistake and they charged me as if i used 2!!!!  . The rep said that she could spend all night trying to explain their policy  but i would still disagree with it!  UNBELIEVABLE  

Respected Contributor

Re: I was charged the Return Shipping fee for each item in the box!!

You also get charged for each item ordered even if they are shipped in the same box. Been their policy for a while now. No break on shippping even if all shipped together.

Honored Contributor

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!  Smiley Mad  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

The only way that I know of where you can get your return postage money back is if you purchased those products through the Paypal payment option at checkout. PP will refund you what it cost to ship it back. You need to sign up for this PP service in order to use it.

Honored Contributor

contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com if they dont see this thread.

they usually make it right when there are mistakes made.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barboo  I think their policy stinks, but since it is a money maker for them, I doubt it will ever change for the better.  

On the bright side, at least you were not charged for the entire THREE return label fees, which would've been a mistake on QVC's part, but does happen to customers sometimes when returning wrong or damaged items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

contact qvcsocialteam@qvc.com if they dont see this thread.

they usually make it right when there are mistakes made.

As far as I can see, there were no mistakes made by QVC. They processed the returned merchandise according to their return policy.

ETA- looks like there has been a mistake. After reading down further in the thread it was explained.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@barboo  I think their policy stinks, but since it is a money maker for them, I doubt it will ever change for the better.  

On the bright side, at least you were not charged for the entire THREE return label fees, which would've been a mistake on QVC's part, but does happen to customers sometimes when returning wrong or damaged items.

To me it appears there were return charges for each item returned...all three of them.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't know they deduct for each piece one one carton ... that is $21 for three items plus $11.50 for the original shipping charge, deducted from refund. Thanks ... I wont be ordering anymore clothes unless I know they will fit. 

I wonder if HSN has the same policy?

Trusted Contributor

Here is from QVC FAQ 

How do I return multiple items with one return label?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible!

You can return as many of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee.

To return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well.
To print a replacement return label, go to the Order Status page on QVC.com.

@barboo  Call back and get your refund for 2 refund deductions.  QVC should not deduct for 3 returns in one box.... according to QVC website. You can't mix jewelry with anything else though.