Respected Contributor

I was born in 1951, and today is my 24th birthday.

Don’t do the math.  Woman Happy

You see, twenty-four years ago today, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer with a ten centimeter tumor that had turned peau d'orange. My prognosis was poor with less than a 1% chance of surviving a year.

If you are presently dealing with a trial in your life, I urge you to have faith. To quote a Dear Friend of mine, “Your faith has made you whole.”

--Mark 5:34, Luke 17:19, Luke 8:48, Mark 10:52

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I was born in 1951, and today is my 24th birthday.

What a wonderful, inspiring story.  Thank you for sharing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wishing you so many more happy and healthy years ahead.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Don’t do the math.  Woman Happy

You see, twenty-four years ago today, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer with a ten centimeter tumor that had turned peau d'orange. My prognosis was poor with less than a 1% chance of surviving a year.

If you are presently dealing with a trial in your life, I urge you to have faith. To quote a Dear Friend of mine, “Your faith has made you whole.”

--Mark 5:34, Luke 17:19, Luke 8:48, Mark 10:52

Happy Happy Birthday!! You defied the odds and reading your story here today made my day!!

May you continue to have a long and healthy life.....Heart

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the inspiration! I am 1 week out of lumpectomy and continuing w/treatment process. Yo are a warrior!

Honored Contributor

A MILLION JOYFUL WISHES!!!!!!!  Your Spirit is a gift to all of us here!

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday. Wishing you many more happy years. My mom had leukemia for 18 yrs. Some of the doctors told her there was no way that's what she had because she would not have lived that long. All the tests showed she did. She fought to stay alive because she had 7 young children to take care of. She almost made it until the youngest was 18 yrs old.

Honored Contributor

When I read your headline I thought you were a leap year baby.  Your story is WAY better!!!!  WOW - 24 years a God given survivor.  He has taken great care of you, never let you out of His sight.

Go out and do something wonderful today, share it with  those you love - maybe, hopefully with your caregivers who went to the end with you.

Respected Contributor

@maestra

Maestra, the same night I found the lump, I heard a sermon that I’d swear was aimed for me. In the sermon, the pastor told the story of David and Goliath. Little David, a boy of faith, went out and deliberately chose five stones to throw at the giant. The pastor advised that when you have a giant to face down, choose five Bible verses to memorize. Then, every time the giant rears its ugly head at you, recite one of those verses, a stone, to quell the sense of danger, noise or fear.

The first verse I chose was enough for me. To this day, twenty-four years later, it is still enough. It says, “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,” -Philippians 2:10.  In other words, because of His sacrifice, Jesus has dominion over everything. That includes cancer, Maestra. May God bless you in your healing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!