Honored Contributor

I was affected by the Cottonelle recall

[ Edited ]

I regularly post about recalls. I posted about the Cottonelle Wipes recall. I had ordered two packs of four wipes months ago. I went to the lot number search at Cottonell's site and BINGO, the number came up as affected by the recall. I had to fill out an online form and I had to go back to my Walmart .com account to look for the order. I asked for reimbursement. My DH just bought a pack of XL wipes at CVS. The numbers would not go into Cottonelle's search for affected lot numbers. To be on the safe side, I still contacted them, giving them the new pkg's lot number and date of purchase. I asked to be notified by email about the new pack's status.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I was affected by the Cottonelle recall

@Mindy D This thread grabbed my attention! I received an email from Amazon yesterday, explaining that the organic coriander by Spice Hunter I'd purchased recently, is possibly contaminated with Salmonella. I was very grateful for the warning, but couldn't help wondering if it is the result of better regulation, or lax legislation. Hmmm...🤔

Hopefully, the answer is better regulation.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D     Thanks for the information.  I had bought a box of 12 from Samsclub back in July and they are part of the recall.  Just filled out the online form for a refund.

Honored Contributor

Never thought about wipes having bad bacteria. Wonder how it got in there during the process of making them? 

Honored Contributor

When I saw this I was thinking, they're recalling toilet paper?!

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles   Thank you!  I purchase many items from Spice Hunter.  Just checked and thankfully none of mine are on the list.

It looks like this list has has the more newer batches based on the batch numbers.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

When I saw this I was thinking, they're recalling toilet paper?!

Yes, @Jordan2, please return your used toilet paper for a full refund.:-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SandySparkles   Thank you!  I purchase many items from Spice Hunter.  Just checked and thankfully none of mine are on the list.

It looks like this list has has the more newer batches based on the batch numbers.

@Cakers3  You are so welcome! It is one of my favorite spice brands, and I will continue to purchase from it, but this certainly is cause for pause.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3  You are so welcome! It is one of my favorite spice brands, and I will continue to purchase from it, but this certainly is cause for pause.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   I find that they just smell and taste so fresh when you open them and they seem to maintain that after being opened.

Plus some are organic which is a plus.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I made the switch from Cottonelle wet wipes to Huggies unscented baby wipes earlier this year as the Huggies are a bigger sheet than the Cottonelle ones. So I don't have any Cottonelle packages at all.

I also never flush baby wipes or Kleenex tissues down the toilet as that is an easy way to get a clogged toilet.