Honored Contributor

Re: I want to get our waitresses a Valentine gift

No waiters, all women. The men are the cooks, and they own the restaurant.

Honored Contributor

You eat at the same place all the time?

ITKWD mugs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry

I think that is a nice gesture & I'm sure you will put in little gift bag and present to them.  

As for ca$h vs. little kind V-day gesture -- I'd enjoy the handcream.  I am very sensitive to scents but in your case you seem to know these waitresses very well.

I'm sure they will be surprised!  And seriously, I don't think the handcream will be "tossed" but if they don't care for the scent -- they'll share it with someone who does nor do I think they will feel handcream is "used", "regifted".

Very nice of you and hubby -- I'd do something like this too -- just a act of "kindness"!!!

PS:  If they do pass it on believe me (I know I would) they'll remember & share how a customer remembered them🙂🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry, the waitresses will feel extra special,

Honored Contributor

We eat breakfast at the same place all the time. It is spotless ,and the food is always fresh ,and piping hot, well cooked

These cooks learned to cook from their father ,who is a chef. They are Albanian, and came here as young kids. They are wonderful people

Contributor

Cash is KING 🤴 ❤️

Honored Contributor

@cherry.  People gave you a lot of suggestions, although it seems your mind was already made up from the beginning. So my hope and fondest wish for you and hubby is that your thoughtful and kind gift for these ladies makes them and you two very very happy.  As it should be on Valentine's Day!  And roses back to you on the 14th!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@cherry

I think it's a wonderful idea and very sweet of you.   I'm addicted to hand lotion and have my favorites.    I can't use anything with lavender or eucalyptus as both scents give me a splitting headache but if I received a lotion with either scent I'd be thrilled with the thought behind it and give it to someone who can use it and enjoys those scents.   And I'd be ever so appreciative of the gift. 

Honored Contributor

@barbie4njdevils wrote:

Cash is KING 🤴 ❤️

Bingo!   

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

We eat breakfast at the same place all the time. It is spotless ,and the food is always fresh ,and piping hot, well cooked

These cooks learned to cook from their father ,who is a chef. They are Albanian, and came here as young kids. They are wonderful people

do you feel then the guys get part of the tips then is that why you want to give the handcream?    So many people today don't use scented items.