Esteemed Contributor

Re: I want to delete my Proboard account

I would not delete anything.  They may have just decided this for the Holidays.  The other Forums have more sections and I like both.  I will stay on both till after the Holidays.  They have over 700 members in just a few days.  Maybe some won't come back?  I would miss them.  So I would stay on both. I think jumping off of that board would be kind of a slap in the face to the people that worked so hard to getit up and running so fast. 

My guess is they expected more to rush to Face Book and sign up.  With the CEO of Face Book always in court, who wants to do that?

Respected Contributor

It was neither histrionics nor a sense of urgency with which I "rushed" to join ProBoards.   Rather, I believe when one is handed her hat, it is time to go. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

It was neither histrionics nor a sense of urgency with which I "rushed" to join ProBoards.   Rather, I believe when one is handed her hat, it is time to go. 

@IamMrsG   I went right away figuring it would take a month to get used to the change. Besides that a lot left here at that point and a lot that I talk to on here. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

The development of ProBoards was timely and important.  Had to try it to see if it would work. I am so grateful to everyone who worked on them.

I have no doubt that the fast development of the other board was a big factor in qvc announcing it would remain open.  They keep deleting posts about it.  How long will qvc keep this forum open, we don't know.  They clearly don't like it, or they wouldn't have planned to close it.

So we forced them to change their plan.  How long, we don't know.  And I believe they don't either.  They are scrambling.  Tourniquet to stop bleeding.

Honored Contributor

I'm leaving mine open.  One never knows what will happen here.  They don't have my CC #, so I'm not too concerned.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'm leaving mine open.  One never knows what will happen here.  They don't have my CC #, so I'm not too concerned.  

I plan on using both.  I feel that it's a bit insulting to those who put a LOT of work into creating the new board for us. 

I know that if I spent hours creating something without being paid only to have everyone abandon ship I would be upset.  They have been more than gracious working on the site for us to gather as a community.

Trusted Contributor

I was already on a pro board forum for the past 4 years or so.  I wanted to see how it would work if I had more than one.   

Never had any problem with the other forum, so decided to help contribute to the new boards.

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Yet hear you are with hat and all at the Q's expense....some did "rush."  People are sometimes afraid of change.  Nothing wrong with it.  I did witness histrionics from some.  I hope they are better now, though.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I wondered why so many were so quick to jump to this Proboards thing when there was no rush.  This board wasn't going to close for a whole month.  Why the rush?  I'm sure someone will tell you how to delete it.  

I think the rush was all about getting in with a large group of familiar posters here, getting through the learning curve and being established with all those we enjoy posting with, way before this was slated to disappear. 

They easily could have shut the boards down here much sooner, if the posting got to rowdy or unfavorable, and they didn't want to moderate it any longer, so I think those that really wanted to stay connected, made the effort to jump quickly. 

I moved over, but if they keep this open, I won't post or read there that much. I like the format here much better. But I will end up posting where the 'traffic' is highest and most interesting.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I wondered why so many were so quick to jump to this Proboards thing when there was no rush.  This board wasn't going to close for a whole month.  Why the rush?  I'm sure someone will tell you how to delete it.  

@chrystaltree   I can tell you why *I* joined the other board yesterday.  I hadn't posted here in about a week because this board has become increasingly dull due to the number of posts and threads that are deleted and also because of topics that aren't allowed to be discussed at all.  So when I came here yesterday and found out what had transpired, I took the opportunity to go to the other venue where discussion might be friendlier and more topic-inclusive. 

I'm dazzled and impressed by the job those involved did in setting up that board so quickly and if that's any indication of things to come, I'm all in.  

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.