Frequent Contributor

Re: I want to be her when I grow up!!!

Comparing pole dancing & plastic surgery is not apples 2 apples. There R many ways to keep fit, have good energy and enjoy life besides something that is done in strip clubs.

Respected Contributor

It's also something done in dance studios across the United States as a form of exercising and dance. It's hard to do and it's amazing. 

Going to to try this link one last time

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/video/this-66-year-old-woman-shows-us-how-to-pole-dance/vi-BByHZz...

Respected Contributor

Click the link in my last post!!! It's working!

Respected Contributor

@marchingalong123 If it makes you feel better, I promise not to wear tassels; I'll stick to sequins and feathers!  ðŸ˜€

Have a a good week everyone!!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I simply cannot think of many more things I would rather not do at 60 plus than pole dance.  There are lots of good ways to exercise without coming off like an old fool who thinks you are 20.  Good grief.  Sorry, but not for me ever.  LOTS of great dance and exercise options are out there for people of any age. 

I'm sure people will beat me up over this, but I hate to see the older crowd try to one up younger people.  Let younger people do their thing while they are young and be the center of attention.  I think when you are older, it is time to step aside in a lot of areas--and this would be one.   To me, it's almost common courtesy.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I wonder how a man would feel about this?

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I simply cannot think of many more things I would rather not do at 60 plus than pole dance.  There are lots of good ways to exercise without coming off like an old fool who thinks you are 20.  Good grief.  Sorry, but not for me ever.  LOTS of great dance and exercise options are out there for people of any age. 

I'm sure people will beat me up over this, but I hate to see the older crowd try to one up younger people.  Let younger people do their thing while they are young and be the center of attention.  I think when you are older, it is time to step aside in a lot of areas--and this would be one.   To me, it's almost common courtesy.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I wonder how a man would feel about this?

Apparently Greta's husband loves it .

May be one reason why Greta seems so happy. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is absolutely phenomenal! Do you know how much strength, flexibility, and balance it takes to do that, even for a 20-year-old?

Context is everything. Her workout is not lewd or inappropriate in any way, shape, or form. In fact, she is performing much like a gymnast.  I think because the name "pole dancing" connotes "strippers". that's why it creates such a negative impression to some here. In fact, it is an incredibly strenuous (and extremely beneficial) workout. I wonder if it were re-named "pole workout" whether some would feel differently.

Thanks for posting @makeup addict. I read another thread first this morning and couldn't figure out your pole dancing reference. Now I know, haha!

Honored Contributor

That woman is an inspiration...most women as they age loose strength and flexibility but she has proven that we don't have to....not to mention that she could wear a bikini on the beach and get away with it.I am looking for complete body coverage these days.

Honored Contributor

The movements she is doing on the pole are very similar to those done on silks in yoga studios that have silks, if you've ever seen that.  I know a woman in her sixties that does silks and it's really beautiful to watch.

I love Greta's energy and spirit, I find it refreshing and positive.  

I remember reading somewhere not too long ago that there was some consideration being given to pole "dance" as an Olympic sport.  It IS a sport, it IS athletic.  I agree that there is nothing lewd or stripper joint about what Greta does.

And I see nothing terrible about celebrating the human body at any age.  Doesn't mean someone is trying to be 20.  

Honored Contributor

I outright envy her flexibility! I am younger than her and would find those moves difficult to do. All the power to her and she looks beautiful and graceful.....