Trusted Contributor

Re: I’ve seen it ALL today — Amazon returns

@homedecor1 : This is the same kind of person that takes advantage of the Q's return policy and then whines and complains when they get "the letter" or when prices go up. The only solution to this is not to give cash or credit card refunds at all  but to give a store credit or exchange only unless the merchandise is defective.

Respected Contributor

Where I live you can drop off pre labelled packages at michaels.   I would look for a different location  from the amazon site link to ups when you are selecting to return an item.

I don't think it was that woman's fault that when she was sending things back that someone was in line behind her. she probably keeps at lot more that she sends back.  Why pile on someone you don't even know?

Amazon has the  Amazon Influencer Program now that you can watch on line and they keep telling people to treat themselves and they make commissions on what people buy.  I don't watch them because some of them I have watched on youtube and don't  like them,

amazon pushes people to return at kohls because it means less trucks on the road.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@homedecor1 

As much as I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, this just should NOT be allowed.  

Had she been saving these items up to return I wonder.  Was it all one purchase?

It's just mind boggling that someone could/would do this.  No shame?  Entitlement? 

What happens to all this returned stuff...trash?  Restocked. 

And, this is yet another reason I have stopped going to the stores.  

@Witchy Woman 

ITA, Perpetual returners should be banned by the Retailer!!!! In the long run it costs us other customers higher pricers to handle that large volume of returns....According to threads on this very Forum shoot even QVC sends out "the letter" if a customer has had too many returns 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Sadly, all stores encounter people like that woman, returning 42 items.

I worked retail for too many years. You would see people come in with big black trashbags filled with items they were returning. It was crazy. Their kids would wear the items through the season. And then when the seasons changed or the kids outgrew the items, they would return them. 

And November 1st was just like Christmas. A long line would form before the store opened. It was all the parents returning their kid's Halloween costumes.

@drizzellla 

I had a relative that was a store manager and much like your experience, the horror stories she shared---prom dresses and fancy dresses that were worn at weddings and NewYear's Eve parties with makeup on them confirming the were worn, kids school clothes purchased in September but returned in June---"they didnt wear well" the customer said.....And Corporate Headquarters made her take them back.....😫

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

Khol's and Amazon need to put a limit per visit how many you can return period!

I agree. If you have more than say 4 you go to the back of the line again.  Rinse repeat

Trusted Contributor

The clerk should have taken you ahead of the other woman in the first place. They need to have an additional clerk to help if someone with 42 returns shows up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

@drizzellla 

Knowing this gives me a huge headache.

While I don't know the solution to such abussive retail behavior, I do know one thing...WE ALL PAY FOR THIS.

Nothing is free, and retailers must figure in this kind of trashy behavior into their costs.

What a world we live in.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

Where I live you can drop off pre labelled packages at michaels.   I would look for a different location  from the amazon site link to ups when you are selecting to return an item.

I don't think it was that woman's fault that when she was sending things back that someone was in line behind her. she probably keeps at lot more that she sends back.  Why pile on someone you don't even know?

Amazon has the  Amazon Influencer Program now that you can watch on line and they keep telling people to treat themselves and they make commissions on what people buy.  I don't watch them because some of them I have watched on youtube and don't  like them,

amazon pushes people to return at kohls because it means less trucks on the road.  

@lovescats 

interesting?  Influencers?  I really don't know anything about this.  Still, unacceptable to not get more help at returns desk -- nothing derogatory meant towards lady just I've never heard of anyone returning so much.  I hardly return anything, and when I do it's in & out.  (I like Kohls just because they give $ off or coupon).

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@lovescats 

interesting?  Influencers?  I really don't know anything about this.  Still, unacceptable to not get more help at returns desk -- nothing derogatory meant towards lady just I've never heard of anyone returning so much.  I hardly return anything, and when I do it's in & out.  (I like Kohls just because they give $ off or coupon).

i didnt really mean you just in general the posts.  where I live I think kohls still pay less than 8hr.   the influencers are on amazons deal page but you have to click on the video to play it.   and some of them get upset when people follow them and then unfollow them which I feel amazon should not allow them to comment on following them but I only watch for about a minute and not very often.   but some of these influencers are something else.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am a very careful shopper.  I have had to make a few returns to Amazon but it was IN and OUT at Kohls.... easy and no real line or hassle.  I think it might be the fact we are rural and we do not have lots of store traffic. 

It is a great feature and makes it easier to use Kohls as the returning agent.   And Kohls hands over a $5 gift certificate to shop in their store.  I would think these people sending back lots of stuff would want to take advantage of the gift certificate and space out the returns.

And I do hope that people like that do no kill this convenience for the rest of us.