Honored Contributor

It is just silly to order things people do not want,and things you keep in bags with tags on.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla   I totally get it!!  As a matter of fact I could've written the very same thing.  My husband and I just recently downsized to a condo and I was moritifed as to how much I over indulged in my purchasing!!   I donated bags and bags of clothes, yes some with the tags still on them.  It was such an emotional and difficult experience to leave our home but I feel so much better that we've purged and donated so many things that were just "sitting there unused".    It was liberating and now we are looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Likewise. I haven't purchased much since November of last year. There was not much that inspired me (except Valerie Parr Hill holiday decor). I'm tired of spending $60.00 for a Graver polyester top, and feel that Denim & Co. needs a new designer. It used to be one of my favorite lines, but now feel its frumpy and the prints are for grandma. The return fees are too high as well. I'm with you....waiting for the more interesting items to follow.

Esteemed Contributor

I read in a Qurate presentation to investors that their "Best Customer", on average, makes 70 purchases a year.

That's a lot, and probably more than makes up for those who abandoned ship.

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I watch very little QVC during the "holiday season", starting with Christmas in July.  As soon as the window for delivery has closed (December 15), I come back to watch and buy.  This year, my DH was home for 2 weeks vacation over the holidays.  He does NOT like QVC, so I didn't watch.  Now, I have NO interest to watch or shop. I don't miss it.  Maybe in the spring?

@mac116 Many people go in spurts....too much Q and I’ve had more than enough. 3 months later, there’s a few shows of interest.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've lost my QVC mojo!

[ Edited ]

I am still buying.  Buying too much (mostly clothes & some jewelry).  I have things I have never worn but bought just because they were a good deal, or something I thought I should have.  I am going to really work on staying away and being very selective about what I buy and keep.  Just this morning I decided to return my Lisa Rinna cargo pants because I did not like how the flaps on the back pockets stuck out.  I will look for something else to return that I am not thrilled with because when I do returns, I like to send back more than one thing to share the return cost.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I never had QVC--no cable back then so I did my shopping at HSN and got swamped with dolls. When they went off I came here and never went back. It is clothes now but I will not pay the prices and don't much care for the designs since I am short.

Valued Contributor

I agree with the poster about Denim needing a new buyer.I love some of the shirts,but the prints are more fitted for a couch cover or drapery.

I don't like the family talk about Qvc and Hsn.Now Hsn lost  free shipping and the occasional coupons.

There is no competition between them,therefore prices are higher.

I buy most of my cosmetics from Ulta.They offer free items,great sale prices.Often if you spend a certain amount you get a bag full of deluxe samples.

Plus rewards add up and you get huge savings.

I still watch Qvc and Hsn every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

I agree with the poster about Denim needing a new buyer.I love some of the shirts,but the prints are more fitted for a couch cover or drapery.

I don't like the family talk about Qvc and Hsn.Now Hsn lost  free shipping and the occasional coupons.

There is no competition between them,therefore prices are higher.

I buy most of my cosmetics from Ulta.They offer free items,great sale prices.Often if you spend a certain amount you get a bag full of deluxe samples.

Plus rewards add up and you get huge savings.

I still watch Qvc and Hsn every day.

I agree with you Pipin. Gary seems nice, but designs for grandmas. The older Denim & Co. was more stylish. And yes, they have to appear friendly, but I'm not interested in Carolyn's life (the Garlyn) couple. Some of the clothing lines need revamping.

Trusted Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I watch very little QVC during the "holiday season", starting with Christmas in July.  As soon as the window for delivery has closed (December 15), I come back to watch and buy.  This year, my DH was home for 2 weeks vacation over the holidays.  He does NOT like QVC, so I didn't watch.  Now, I have NO interest to watch or shop. I don't miss it.  Maybe in the spring?

I need to get to this point,I would have so much more money saved if I could DUMP this channel!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!