Honored Contributor

Re: I've been nominated by.....

@Poodlepet2 - Hilarious acceptance speech!  Thank you so much for the laugh.  Woman LOL

Oh and...congratulations!

Honored Contributor

Image result for Mrs. Cleaver cleaning in pearls

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your support and kind words!  Boy oh boy-I am so excited about the pearl laced Electrolux vacuum Smoky is sending me ( I would much prefer something a little classier-and thrifty ( we Professional Homemakers know how to make a dollar stitch, right?- like heirloom rhinestones from Woolworths, but certainly receiving an Electrolux is befitting my new status!

Press, thank you so much for the beautiful trophy! Have you ever admired how a Swiffer Duster has beautiful plumes when you shake it out? I thought I would make a beautiful arrangement using those and a few wooden skewers artfully posed in my shining trophy! ( I am dead positive the nominating committee took my elegant sense of dressing my home into consideration)

Well, I'm off to claim my FREE Bahamas vacation-wow-I only. Have to send in $300 dollars-but that's nothing! I opened some mail from Publisher's Clearing House and they sent me a check for 10 million dollars!!!!! 

I want to encourage everyone here to reach for the stars and while doing so, clean the cobwebs from your ceiling fan! You too can reap the benefits of being a Professional Homemaker!

Poodlepet2

PS. Do you think Mrs. Olsen or Juan Valdez will invite me over for coffee?

Trusted Contributor

Based on my own experience, we have two family members in our house that get that AWARD every year and one has gotten it for more than 30 years. lol

Did you check to see what it would cost you to have that accomplishment published??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  I'm sure you earned it too.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Image result for  floral arrangement that looks like swifter duster

Swiffer and a little foil makes a beautiful statement.  I'd add a little Lavender Clorox Wipes and some dryer sheets.  The dryer sheets take color real well if you need to add any shades.  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Preds, Bounce laundry sheets are my beauty secret! When it's cold and your hair has static electricity, just rub a dryer sheet on your hair: it's scent will also drive your man wild and he will be so pleased that he will save money instead of buying expensive perfumes and cologne like Jovon Musk or Bonne Belle!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

.....In case a couple of posters missed the point, this was written with a humorous intention....I knew the e-mail was a scam, but I found it quite humorous in light of my current non-paid employment status-that is to say, running my household.

Poodlepet2

I thought you were serious too.  Happy to hear that you weren't...lol   Looks like you should have thrown in few lol's..

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdoo Thank you for the clarification I was about to drag out my high heels and pearls to do laundry earlier.  LOL

Hope you are doing well.Smiley Happy

Hi, @Cakers3!  You're welcome!   Thanks, I'm hanging in there.   I think of you often, and hope you're doing well.❤️    Thanks for the fun thread, @Poodlepet2!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

The Global Community of Who's Who of Professionals 2016!!!  Imagine that my fellow Homemakers-we are finally being recognized! Can you feel it? I wonder who experienced my chicken soup, or how I kindly disciplined my son after he knocked over a can of enamel paint he was told to stay away from??? Are there cameras in my bathroom bearing witness to my efficiency in cleaning tubs and toilets? And when it comes to cleaning up after my dogs-well, I take pride in that: I recognize that their "byproducts" of digestion provide me with knowledge in assessing their GI health and taking action accordingly. Yes sir, I am good!

In spite of my perceived greatness by this August organization, I do want to confess my humility however....I religiously read journals geared towards us Profesionals-like " Better Homes and Gardens" and The Farmers Almanac.....but with great humility my sister's and brothers, I can not claim greatness when it comes to raising food for my family (although I once correctly diagnosed Blossom End Rot on my tomatoes.)

So, if you think I "have it all", I don't: I am a mortal-flesh and blood-just like you! Take heart!

Are there any other nominees out there with whom I can share this comment of Glory?

This morning, I will vacuum my home with a new sense of pride!

Poodlepet2

You, you wretch, you! So you're the one who snagged first place away from me! I thought I'd done it all! I alphabetized my spices, stacked my soup by expiration date, and put out fresh soap bars every time someone used one! So, it must have been YOU who tattled that my perfectly pruned roses were plastic ! The committee commented how beautiful they were and was about to end the inspection of my perfectly kept home when one of the members lingered too long and caught one of the roses melting! I knew someone must have put her up to it, so it was you, wasn't it? I was going to use the prize money to Astro turf my lawn for the World Competition! I hope you are happy with yourself!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Jewell, too funny! My fellow Domestic Engineer, your achievements are most certainly notable and it certainly sounds as if you have achieved a most high level of skill: you should certainly be eligible!

I will personally nominate you, but first, you must answer this question posed by one of my favorite TV heroines, Mary Hartman. What do you use to remove waxy yellow build-up on your linoleum? Do you have linoleum?

Not wanting to damage your self-esteem because you believe I am superior-that may be true, ( my friends tell me June Cleaver ain't got nuthin' on me)....I once had an extra-marital suitor and we met secretly, once a month. I would lock the door of my bathroom and take off the tank lid off my toilet, and there he was....he was in a boat accompanied by a payload of tiny lemons.  For that matter, he was tiny... I just couldn't see it working.

Dearest Sister, you see I was tempted because of the marital discord my husband and I went through. You see, he suffered Ring Around the Coller-and it was all my fault. Then, I discovered Whisk and happiness returned.

I sent my suitor away.

So no: you must not believe I am superior!

Poodlepet2