Respected Contributor

Re: I've been nominated by.....

DooBdoo, thank you for clarifying that! I regard how one keeps odors at bay from their garbage disposal a personal matter: I thought about that issue.....another thing that got to me was the possibility of being asked to participate in lectures. You know, there are topics that are just too indelicate to speak about in public.  For example, how often one launders bed linens. I would also want to avoid the controversial topic of how to chip onions without eye irritation. My mother always instructed me to avoid that topic and also to avoid political discussions.....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you so much for that explanation....I was totally lost!!!! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Poodlepet2,

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

The Global Community of Who's Who of Professionals 2016!!!  Imagine that my fellow Homemakers-we are finally being recognized! Can you feel it? I wonder who experienced my chicken soup, or how I kindly disciplined my son after he knocked over a can of enamel paint he was told to stay away from??? Are there cameras in my bathroom bearing witness to my efficiency in cleaning tubs and toilets? And when it comes to cleaning up after my dogs-well, I take pride in that: I recognize that their "byproducts" of digestion provide me with knowledge in assessing their GI health and taking action accordingly. Yes sir, I am good!

In spite of my perceived greatness by this August organization, I do want to confess my humility however....I religiously read journals geared towards us Profesionals-like " Better Homes and Gardens" and The Farmers Almanac.....but with great humility my sister's and brothers, I can not claim greatness when it comes to raising food for my family (although I once correctly diagnosed Blossom End Rot on my tomatoes.)

So, if you think I "have it all", I don't: I am a mortal-flesh and blood-just like you! Take heart!

Are there any other nominees out there with whom I can share this comment of Glory?

This morning, I will vacuum my home with a new sense of pride!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

I hope you realize this is a huge scam.  

BTW .... since when are homemakers a "professional" designation that is actually being tracked?

Super Contributor

Why would you be excited by a fake email nomination? Lol!

Respected Contributor

.....In case a couple of posters missed the point, this was written with a humorous intention....I knew the e-mail was a scam, but I found it quite humorous in light of my current non-paid employment status-that is to say, running my household.

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 Truth be told, I'm sure your talents deserve recognition.

Personally, I'm eager to hear your lecture on changing bed linens, and whatever other "indelicate" subjects you care to touch on.

I'm like that.....Smiley lol 056.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for a good laugh @Poodlepet2!  It was obvious that you were writing "tongue in cheek". 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Thank you for the clarification I was about to drag out my high heels and pearls to do laundry earlier.  LOL

Hope you are doing well.Smiley Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3, taking a break.

Image result for donna reed with pearls gif

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee