Valued Contributor

Re: I've always thought men are smarter.

I will say I think women have a better BS detector in general.   

Honored Contributor

Intelligence is not determined by your reproductive organs.

I don't think either gender is more intelligent than the other.

At one time females were not educated or allowed to think for themselves, so through out history, men achieved more, invented more and wrote more.

All of that is changing which I think worries some, but not all men.  Now they have to work harder to appear smarter.

Trusted Contributor

Men are smarter in that they don't live their life concerned about wrinkles, fashion,  trends, etc.    Men are smarter because they aren't concerned about what others think of them.   Men are smarter because they don't brag about the fact that they are men and should all support one another.   I cannot stand when women say we should all support each other.   Not on my watch.   Many smart women out there for sure but in areas mentioned above not so much.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I definitely do not agree.  Many men often lack basic common sense though which cancels out smartness!  At one time men were considered to be smarter and maybe they were since  they married and had their wives buy into the myth that men were smarter and women should cater to them!!  Thankfully women evolved and realized they could think for themselves and earn their own money!

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what being smarter means, but I think life smart is determined on an individual basis. Whether one exceeds or excels depends on determination, aptitude, and persistence.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Men are smarter in that they don't live their life concerned about wrinkles, fashion,  trends, etc.    Men are smarter because they aren't concerned about what others think of them.   Men are smarter because they don't brag about the fact that they are men and should all support one another.   I cannot stand when women say we should all support each other.   Not on my watch.   Many smart women out there for sure but in areas mentioned above not so much.    

Thank you for your honesty! I do think many men (though not all) care a lot about what others think of them.

I agree about the grooming. Women still tend to do more grooming and self care. (And yes there are many proudly wash and wear women and high maintenance men as well.) But that could be considered physical genius though, couldn't it? Creating beauty in yourself or in a work of art could be considered a physical form of brilliance.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

If we are talking in general, I don't think men are smarter, but the fact that they have convinced so many people that they are I think is aggressive self promotion. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Nah, you can't put all men in the same box.  A whole lot of men are concerned about fashion, wrinkles, hair loss and trends.  Also, jewelry, cars, and other trophies that prove they have made it.

And they support one another.  One man lies and his friends swear to it.

Esteemed Contributor

On the whole (we are talking about generalizations here), women are clearly - without a doubt - smarter than men. Anyone who has ever worked in any business or been a professor knows this. I speak with authority; I have done both. I have heard other smart, accomplished people say the same thing. And, am I smart? Yes; very.

Honored Contributor

Wow! Are we really doing this?