Honored Contributor

I've always thought men are smarter.

[ Edited ]

Agree or disagree with this statement? Upset about it?

Personally I disagree and I am not upset. Some men are smarter about some things, some women are smarter about some things. It's all kind of a wash because different people are smarter about different things in different ways. And some people are just plain not smart and some people are just plain geniuses.

Did you know? They say that Einstein (even though he was a genuine genius) couldn't tie his shoes. So if you can tie your shoes, you've got one over on Einstein.

I think in general some people have their smarts evenly spread out and others have their smarts in distinct, noticeable clumps. And genius can manifest in physical ability as well as mental, emotional, or spiritual ability.

What do you think? Do you consider yourself smart? Does your genius manifest most in the physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual realm?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've always thought men are smarter.

@Porcelain 

Einstein wore loafers

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Porcelain 

Einstein wore loafers

Smart of him! Problem solved.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Einstein's wife was also as brilliant as he was.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think you can generalize this, men excel in some areas , while women in others. I don't think gender is an indication of intelligence. I will say, I think as a whole men are better drivers than women. I have a niece I consider to be a very good driver, I always say to her "this is a compliment, you drive like a man"!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aren't men's vehicle insurance rates higher than women's due to more accidents?  That is what I always heard. 

And more male "road ragers"?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't think you can generalize this, men excel in some areas , while women in others. I don't think gender is an indication of intelligence. I will say, I think as a whole men are better drivers than women. I have a niece I consider to be a very good driver, I always say to her "this is a compliment, you drive like a man"!

I think it's a mix as to driving too. The three worst drivers I've ever ridden with have been men. Angry drivers. Really scary. We all have different experiences.

I'm a so so driver. Not bad but not amazing. There are some really bad passengers out there too! lol

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Women's Libber, so I have NEVER subscribed to the theory that men are smarter than women, just because they are born male.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think men are smarter and I don't think a smart person would make that statement (not you!)..... I'm referring to whomever made that statement.  It doesn't upset me. It's just a false statement. Smart just may be in the eye of the beholder.

Esteemed Contributor

In 59 years I have never heard one person ever utter the words "men are smarter".

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.