Esteemed Contributor

I've Just Been Reading Bios of the Paris Victims

The NY Times has been running biographies and photos of the victims of the Paris terrorist attacks. Most were so young and should have had good, long, lives ahead of them. It is so tragic. There was also an article about the devastating injuries, physical and emotional, of the hundreds who survived. I love France and have many friends in Paris and elsewhere in the country. I am feeling much like I did after 9/11. Just today I received some beautiful tableware that I had ordered from France. I had forgotten about it, but when I opened the beautiful package I started to cry.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I've Just Been Reading Bios of the Paris Victims

I understand what you are expressing, Vivian.  Vienna, Austria, has been our "home away from home" since the time we actually lived there almost 40 years ago now.I would feel the same had Vienna been attacked.  The attacks were horrendous, of course, but all the more so when it is on a country you have such a connection with and over a long period of time.

Honored Contributor

I was listening to an interview with the rock group that was performing when the shooting started. These guys seems really terribly affected by it all. One said that many young people wouldn't have died but they were staying with their friends that were wounded. Wow. Just such a terrible road ahead for all the survivors.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I love France very much and Paris is my favorite city.  I fee pain and grief for the victims and pray for their families.

But 2 points I have to make. One, Europeans open their arms to the wrong crowd and now are regretting it but too late,I am afraid.

Two, people are being stabbed and killed on the streets of Israel on a daily basis and some of them are American citizens. But I do not see much TV coverage and especially no NYTimes  articles about those victims.

It doesn't sell I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

The wrong crowd ?

SMH
Respected Contributor

I had no doubts that I will get this kind of response.

That proves my point. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SANNA wrote:

I had no doubts that I will get this kind of response.

That proves my point. 

``````````````````````````````````````

You had no point, just an agenda.

ETA: BTW...There's no reason to lie if you have a valid point.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe the OP intended for this thread to be about the Parisian victims just two short weeks ago not political rhetoric.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Vivian has spoken fearfully of the violence in Paris for quite a long time. 

It seems it's been almost as bad as what was referenced above happening in Israel.

I think because her heart is there and she isn't an outsider looking in, she is aware of what's been going on as far as it not being safe.