Honored Contributor

Re: I've Had About All the Inspiration I Can Stand

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner  It's a pedantic, sanctimonious world in which we live, overwhelmed by platitudes and homilies many of which, it seems, are only intended to apply to some... We've been heading there for quite some time, but have experienced an absolute explosion in 'these times'... 

@stevieb 

And being overwhelmed with these platitudes/homilies can have the opposite effect---after awhile--it tends to make the message feel forced, insincere and makes one cynical and unsympathetic..... 

@Spurt Absolutely true... They become little more than trite, predictable, relatively cheap and lazy mindless mantras rather than heartfelt expressions...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner  It's a pedantic, sanctimonious world in which we live, overwhelmed by platitudes and homilies many of which, it seems, are only intended to apply to some... We've been heading there for quite some time, but have experienced an absolute explosion in 'these times'... 

@stevieb 

And being overwhelmed with these platitudes/homilies can have the opposite effect---after awhile--it tends to make the message feel forced, insincere and makes one cynical and unsympathetic..... 

@Spurt Absolutely true... They become little more than trite, predictable relatively cheap and lazy mindless mantras rather than heartfelt expressions...

@stevieb 

Yep, you got it....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb You are 100 percent right with that statement.  You got to the core of my OP.

A world based on fantasy, smoke and mirrors. 

Super Contributor

They're trying to inspire us to spend more money.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb You are 100 percent right with that statement.  You got to the core of my OP.

A world based on fantasy, smoke and mirrors. 

@Sooner  Fantasy, smoke, mirrors and in many cases I'd add an often somewhat skewed and inconsistent ideology...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

This is really good. Very close to nihilism. Just needs to be a little more relaxed and blase. You're not supposed to care about how awful everything is.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I am inspired by nurses, doctors, firefighters, our police officers.  They get a great big thanks from me.  I do not need inspiration from overpaid actors or celebrities.  The above named individuals are heroes in my book.

Valued Contributor

Virtue Signaling

Clap Back 

Social Media has allowed more ways to put down people than anything else in history.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

Virtue Signaling

Clap Back 

Social Media has allowed more ways to put down people than anything else in history.  

Correct. That is why I got rid of FB. They threatened me if I close my account I can never comeback, like I care. People who were never elected to anything wanting to wear the power pants very tightly.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.