Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've Had About All the Inspiration I Can Stand

What worries me is all the people who decided to adopt a pet to keep them company during quarantine.  Then, once we get back to normal, or almost normal, and those people aren't that lonely anymore, what happens to that pet?  Do those once-lonely people get tired of the pet and take it back to the shelter?   or abandon it?  

It would take more than inspiration to motivate me these days. Those inspirers are wasting their time on me.  I'm unable to be inspired.  Inspired-less.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I need all the INSPIRATION, i can get,so send it this way,please.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much tired of all the sappy words/ phrases too--never was one to be affected by them----I like to get down and dirty with the real world---been thru alot and never have had those dumb sayings and words helped---just needed the facts plain and straight forward-----

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner May I join you????Smiley Happy

@ECBG As long as I don't have to be inspired to do something about it. . . OK?  Woman Wink

@Sooner 

See the source image

@ECBG 

WOW Holly Hobby....thats a blast from the past.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I hear ya....if I see that commercial one more time..."let's all work together we can do it" with a take off of Rosie the Riveter---ARRGGHHH!!! all it does is make me take one of my "throw pillows" and toss them at my TV......And you know things have gotten overly sappy when a commercial for a lawyer gets into the act....😣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Think you need a time out in a quiet corner.  RX:  long walk in nature if you can do that, or just go outside and deep breathe in some air.  Woman Very Happy

@qualitygal Woman Surprised  Oh good!  MORE inspiration!  Woman Frustrated Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I need all the INSPIRATION, i can get,so send it this way,please.

@goldensrbest 

It's not so much that I'm against INSPIRATION, but much like QVC and it's TSV product presentations---OVERKILL makes one go numb and the message meaningless----

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

See the source image

Talk about STYLE!  But do you like my new bonnet?  And that looks like my first cat too!  LOL!!!  And there must be duck wallpaper in the kitchen and a goose outside wearing clothes!

Do any of you remember the outdoor geese that people put clothes on?  I hadn't thought about that in a very long time! How long ago was that?  Our little house on the prairie era. . . Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  It's a pedantic, sanctimonious world in which we live, overwhelmed by platitudes and homilies many of which, it seems, are only intended to apply to some... We've been heading there for quite some time, but have experienced an absolute explosion in 'these times'... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner  It's a pedantic, sanctimonious world in which we live, overwhelmed by platitudes and homilies many of which, it seems, are only intended to apply to some... We've been heading there for quite some time, but have experienced an absolute explosion in 'these times'... 

@stevieb 

And being overwhelmed with these platitudes/homilies can have the opposite effect---after awhile--it tends to make the message feel forced, insincere and makes one cynical and unsympathetic.....