Honored Contributor

Re: I've Had About All the Inspiration I Can Stand

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner May I join you????Smiley Happy

@ECBG As long as I don't have to be inspired to do something about it. . . OK?  Woman Wink

@Sooner 

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I'd rather put up with being inspired than the endless human interest stories.  I want news not soppy stories about people seeking recognition for good deeds. We all should be kind and polite, help others without notice or reward.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Every time I get on line or open the mail or listen to the tv I am being inspired.

I have been inspired to plant a tree; recycle something; adopt a dog, seal or person; make myself look, feel, or act younger; plant wildflowers; be inspired to be inspired; start a business; found a charity; buy a windmill; and on and on and on.

I am just plain wore out from being inspired.  People used  to try to sell me stuff.  Now they want to inspire me.  And I'm pretty much tired of it.  

So have I inspired you to be more apathetic?  Woman Frustrated

Woman Very Happy

Hey, don't look at me. I'm still trying to get over the gift of being old. 

Honored Contributor

You've caught the bug from the inspirers. So now you're trying to inspire everyone to be apathetic along with you. It's a new angle, but the same old song.  

Apathy is very Generation X. It's out of style now, but it has a bit of a retro vibe some might like. You might be able to persuade a young person to give up on their dreams if you really try.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'd rather put up with being inspired than the endless human interest stories.  I want news not soppy stories about people seeking recognition for good deeds. We all should be kind and polite, help others without notice or reward.

@occasionalrain You are right.  I would include that in my category. It's hard for so many people to get through the day, and then that in itself is an accomplishment.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

You've caught the bug from the inspirers. So now you're trying to inspire everyone to be apathetic along with you. It's a new angle, but the same old song.  

Apathy is very Generation X. It's out of style now, but it has a bit of a retro vibe some might like. You might be able to persuade a young person to give up on their dreams if you really try.

@Porcelain My point was all the preaching is old and not inspiring now. It has nothing to do with giving up your dreams.  It is about being bombarded with the dreams and aspirations of others. 

Respected Contributor

I have contempt for words and phrases that are being said and executed.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Sooner  LOL! I tried to be more apathetic but I was overcome with ennui! Really got a kick out of your post.

lol--me too!

Respected Contributor

I like to hear about good people doing positive things.    All the medical people are true inspriations to me right now.   I pray for them every day.     

Well, yes, I think they are the true heroes of this situation.

Honored Contributor

Think you need a time out in a quiet corner.  RX:  long walk in nature if you can do that, or just go outside and deep breathe in some air.  Woman Very Happy