Honored Contributor

Re: I've Decided that You Can't

Too bad the posts about the marriage of the news channel hosts was derailed. People can like or dislike them, but when I saw it, people were commenting on her dress and the pictures of the reception. At that point, everything was still friendly. The moderators should delete the problematic posts and let the tread run its course.

Honored Contributor

People react from their own perceptions of what is considered an opposing pov vs. what is considered rude, a snark, etc.

We see threads of this type all the time.  It's a timeless observation based on one's own sensitivity to another person's post. 

Some are more sensitive and do expect all positive reactions.

Some dialogue nicely with opposing povs.

Some end up with their hair on fire if anybody disagrees.

We can determine how we react, and reaction also includes ignoring.

There are plenty of threads that do not sink to an immature level.

Venting frustration about how threads flow around here is ok, but it is up to the individual to decide how to react.

If people think it's rude around here now, they should have seen what it was like when certain topics were allowed in years gone by.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I miss those years; they were lively.

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean...everything you say can get turned around and completely distorted.  So many hateful people....Thank goodness for the supportive and kind people on here.  I just don't know why people get online and go to the forums to be unkind.  I wonder if in real life they are like that or in real life they put on a front and let their real personality loose on the internet where people will not know who they really are.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I don't get my feelings hurt here - I don't take it that seriously - but I do find it mildly annoying when posters appoint themselves the unannounced board moderators and lecture people as to the quality or merit of their thread - if you don't like it, scroll on and let others do the same instead of spamming the thread with your retorts - stop trying to control other people and what they want to chat about it's not that serious!  😜

@YorkieonmyPillow . I feel the same way.  I've been here since 2005 and can remember some really nasty threads and posters from years ago.  Today it's so mild I miss or just don't see most of the snark if it's there. 

I don't care for being lectured and if I see something that I doesn't interest me I move on.  No one here is going to hurt my feelings since no one here really knows me!

BTW, I missed the thread in question.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I miss those years; they were lively.

I miss them too.  There were some great sprited "conversations".  It was much more interesting.  Things here are often kind of boring, IMO, and nowhere near as active as it used to be. Too much is not permitted, and many threads are shut down unnecessarily. There's not much we can do about it, but I far prefer the way the boards (problems and all) used to be!  

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9  Don't worry - there'll be more. Happens often on the Kardashian threads....

Valued Contributor

Why ANYONE who posts here would get their feelings hurt about responses from ANONYMOUS posters is beyond me - NOT a big deal.