Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've Been Stung Two Times in the Last Week

I've heard bee stings are very painful.  I'm sorry this happened to you!  

I'm 63 years old and have never been stung.  I'm terrified of bees, wasps, hornets and just about anything that can sting.  

Respected Contributor

Wow - sounds extremely painful. 

I'm one of those people that are loved beyond measure by biting insects.  The dermatologist told me this week to take Zyrtec for 3 days after a bite.  I was using neosporin and she indicated it wasn't the correct product. 

I hope you find a product that works for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ouch, what bad luck.

One year we had yellowjackets in the ground out back and my little 5 lb baby got stung in her paw.  It was so sad to see her limp and cry.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you sure it was an actual bee?  Bees aren't usually aggressive.  We have these horrible wasps and yellow jackets chasing the hummingbirds from the feeder.  They've stung me when I'm just minding my own business.  They're hateful. 

I hope you feel better it's always upsetting to be stung by something.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Next time you're stung, try bleach. It works!
I've used it for scorpion stings & bees too.
Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:
Next time you're stung, try bleach. It works!
I've used it for scorpion stings & bees too.

@sabatini ~ years ago, I stepped on a wasp in my parents garage.  Hurt like he🔥.  Mom’s neighbor told me to put some Clorox on a cotton ball, and apply to sting site.  After removing stinger, I applied the cotton ball, and the pain stopped within seconds.  Ahh-mazing!

Esteemed Contributor

I am getting nervous when I weed because I am seeing alot of bees and I am allergic......they pretty much mind their own business, but the Hornets are awful!

I have my Epi pen close by....

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2, hi! I've been away so just saw your post. 

Yes, bleach works fast! Like you, I've used it for bee stings too. Isn't it odd that it's not a more well known remedy for alleviating the pain of stings?

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sabatini wrote:

@AKgirl2, hi! I've been away so just saw your post. 

Yes, bleach works fast! Like you, I've used it for bee stings too. Isn't it odd that it's not a more well known remedy for alleviating the pain of stings?

@sabatini ~ I bet it’s more we’ll known than we think.  All (we)😉 know is that it helps in neutralizing that nasty venom, and that it works!  Win, win, right?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss wrote:

I haven't been stung by a bee since I was five years old.  But, I've been stung two times in the last week---the last time about 30 minutes ago.  I put cold water and now an ice pack on it but can't see the stinger to remove it.

Are bees more prevalent this summer or something?

@wismiss 

So sorry you got stung!!!! 

We haven't seen any bees, but LOTS of Red Paper Wasps and Hornets.... Red Paper Wasps dont have stingers, I was stung and had to go to the doctor, my hand swelled up (@wismiss if there is swelling you need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics)....Normally Red Paper Wasps arent aggresive unless their nest is disturbed....my cats knocked down a bird house sitting on a table on my patio...unbeknown to me or the cats it was the wasps home!!!!

Red Paper Wasps dont live long and die in the fall, except for the queen...at least thats what I read...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”