Honored Contributor

Re: I've Been Blocked From Facebook

Was there something in the articles ,that might have spam ,that you did not see?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbestYes, I can understand being banned for that. But my pictures are all scenery, cute animals or funny cartoons.

I never post anything religious. I never, ever post anything political because I'm sick to death of seeing all those posts on other people's pages. Any articles I post are informative, and I usually try to post uplifting stories of people who do wonderfully kind acts or go out of their way to help other people. You know....feel good stories!

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@goldensrbestYes, I can understand being banned for that. But my pictures are all scenery, cute animals or funny cartoons.

I never post anything religious. I never, ever post anything political because I'm sick to death of seeing all those posts on other people's pages. Any articles I post are informative, and I usually try to post uplifting stories of people who do wonderfully kind acts or go out of their way to help other people. You know....feel good stories!

Well ,i just don't know then,strange. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  No!! And I mostly share articles from the same sources everyday; Reader's Digest, Good Housekeeping, my local newspaper. 

Respected Contributor

UPDATE

I finally have access to my own facebook page again! Blocked for about 10 hours and no idea why. So strange and frustrating!!

Thank you for all of your replies and support. Hope this never happens again!!

Valued Contributor

@lmt I’ve read through the thread. I am happy for you that you are glad your FB access is restored.

I am rarely on FB at all anymore. I’ve unfollowed most people who post links and tons of stuff that I would have to ignore. Tons of photos and lots of links and constantly posting - I also unfollow. Other people have mentioned the same thing. Many people are just not going to read that kind of thing.
Trusted Contributor

From Facebook:

I'm blocked from using a feature (ex: sending messages, tagging things, uploading photos).

Our security systems are currently blocking you from doing something on Facebook, such as posting or sharing. This block is temporary and can last up to 30 days, depending on the reason for the block. We may block people from doing something on Facebook when:

• Something you posted or shared seems suspicious or abusive to our security systems. This can last up to a few days.
  • Messages or friend requests you sent were marked unwelcome. This can last up to a few days.
  • You've done something that doesn't follow our Community Standards. This can last up to 30 days

We understand that you may have had good intentions or may have not known about our policies on accepted behavior and we also understand that this block can be frustrating. To help keep Facebook open and welcoming, we try to prevent people from unintentionally misusing Facebook, even if you felt that what you did was acceptable.

I am on other forums and I have gotten the tempory spam block when "posting too fast" when chatting back and forth with people.  The system thinks you're spamming and bans you.  I've learned to slow down and give it a few minutes before responding to someone so it doesn't trigger it.

A co-worker of mine got a warning a couple weeks ago on FB about posting political stuff.  She was told to stop or she would be banned.  She was quite shocked.  FB isn't messing around anymore and they do police the place now.  I was actually happy they did that to her.  She's out of control with her postings.  I don't follow her on there so I don't have to see all the stuff she posts. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

To avoid getting a “Facebook Time Out” or sent to Facebook Jail, we basically have to control the speed at which we like and comment on things. This is not only to avoid being detected as SPAM, but also to control traffic information on Facebook (which would collapse if all users do too many things in too short of time.)

https://postcron.com/en/blog/how-to-avoid-being-blocked-by-facebook-jail/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma Not necessarily cluttering her friends feeds. I have many friends I have unfollowed due thier political posts, or TMI that I don't care about. They don't know I have unfollowed them. You can also change many setting so you don't see friends clutter. I wouldn't tell someone to change their posts, just so they don't annoy friends. If the friends don't want to see it, they can change it. 

To OP: you can also check out "FaceCrooks" on facebook. It gives lots of info.

Valued Contributor

I dont know vy you is gettign blocked from the Facebook. I got no problem.

Signed,

Magdalena Pushlenskaya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

forgive me, i couldn't help myself