Honored Contributor

Re: I used to love Kohls - now not so much

@ID2 wrote:

Finally, FINALLY I'm seeing others feel the same way I've always felt about Kohl's! I thought I was the only one that really didn't like that store. Besides some of the name brands their clothing is junk. Cheap junk. I only shop there when they have a coupon. I'll use their Kohl's kash when I can. I just never see anything I like enough to buy from Kohl's. Their constant different sales are just mind games with their customers. But I'm an avid receipt keeper. I'm not about to get jipped if I want to return something.

You can hardly accuse the store of trying to "jip" anyone, if they don't even have a receipt (as a previous poster said).  How are they to know what you paid or, in some cases with brand-names, if you even bought the item there?

Legally, no store is required to issue a refund of any sort.  (Check out consumer law.)  The fact that Kohl's is so liberal in their return policy is a courtesy to their customers.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I shop at Kohl's whenever I receive a 30% off coupon. I usually buy my major manufacturer lingerie there and my kitchen towels and washcloths (their Sonoma brand).

I prefer Macy's for sheets and blankets and JCPenney for bathroom towels.

I dislike the Kohl's cash and the new rewards program they have now set up (optional to belong to).

Same here-  if they send me a 30% off coupon or a really good $ off coupon (like $10 of a minimum of $10!!) I'll try and stop by and look around a bit. When my teenage (now in ther 20's)  kids gave me a hard time about Walmart clothing they were very okay with Kohls! I learned to shop their deals years ago.

Honored Contributor

Kohl's is the only department store card I use.  When I have a 30% off code, I buy housewares and odds and ends for my husband.  My purchases are done 90% of the time online. I donate my KK to our women's shelter. To my knowledge it never goes to waste.

Valued Contributor

I love Kohls! I don't understand why people get upset and throw tantrums when THEY let their Kohls cash expire! Use it before it expires - it is a coupon and gas an expiration date. Reward points never expire but when you reach 100 points it converts over to a 5.00 reward certificate which has an expiration date - so use it before it expires. I have never had a problem at Kohls. Why people think they can use a coupon after it expires is beyond me. I was at kohls the other day and a lady was trying to use a 6 month old Kohls cash! Really?? They would not take it. I'm glad. Follow the rules next time!
Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:
I love Kohls! I don't understand why people get upset and throw tantrums when THEY let their Kohls cash expire! Use it before it expires - it is a coupon and gas an expiration date. Reward points never expire but when you reach 100 points it converts over to a 5.00 reward certificate which has an expiration date - so use it before it expires. I have never had a problem at Kohls. Why people think they can use a coupon after it expires is beyond me. I was at kohls the other day and a lady was trying to use a 6 month old Kohls cash! Really?? They would not take it. I'm glad. Follow the rules next time!

One word:  Entitlement.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

I haven't read all the replies, but I think Kohls quality in their clothing has gone completely to trash.

I have some pieces of clothing bought at Kohl's a decade ago that are still in excellent shape, and going strong. Things I bought a year ago are trashed.

I so yearn for the day when they carried good quality clothing. Everything is so thin and flimsy, and the styles are ugly as well. 

I've noticed the same with their entire linen department as well. Kohls used to be such a treasure, their customer service was beyond great (still is at my store), their products were top quality, the prices and promotions gave you rock bottom prices, and the perks were so customer friendly. Not so much now.

Only good thing is they still take returns any time for any reason. I'm always sure to save receipts until I'm sure, as I won't depend on their system to keep that info correctly.

Esteemed Contributor

Never liked that store for clothing. I do have some of there cookware I ordered online.

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

Kohls cash never expires.

It does now. They used to let you slide, but not anymore.

Valued Contributor

Kohls cash should expire. It is a coupon.