Respected Contributor

This is a good idea! I'm at work all day, and the radio station we listen to has no news breaks at all...and it's great. Keeps me from listening to news all day long.

It's hard not to worry about people we know/love who may/may not have the virus, or are at high risk. But "worry" does nothing for the person we are worrying about, and the stress of worry is not good for us! 

If I find myself feeling worried, I say a prayer. That's my way of coping. I'm absolutely concerned about the situation, and taking necessary precautions...but worrying/stressing about it is unproductive.

We all need to find a way to calm ourselves the best we can.

Trusted Contributor

I need to do that, I have been crying for days.   My social media feed and I do love social media is filled with it, just not sure how much more I can take before I sink into a total depression.  It's bad

Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope  

Good for you, and I agree. For me with my well equipped basement gym, also fitted with my 9 speaker/2 subwoofer Surround sound! Throw in the music I love most, my mind goes many places that have nothing to do with the outside world, or problems.

I generally work out hard enough to get my "endorphins" go kick in, and that transports me to great places that my mind and body enjoy. 

With our acreage abundant with all types of birds and wildlife, from our all glass 4 season patio room, we see nature at its best. We see some of the sky, but our big trees of all kinds, come of it is blocked, but right now, all but our spruce trees are pretty bare.

Like you say, get away from the news and find something, anything you enjoy. It sure makes my days much more pleasant. But dang it, I sure miss my ice skating.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I need to do that, I have been crying for days.   My social media feed and I do love social media is filled with it, just not sure how much more I can take before I sink into a total depression.  It's bad

Have you tried listening to music that you like or music that is relaxing? I've been listening to a classical music station and I find it so relaxing.

Remember this forum is social media too. I live alone, so it's very lonely. I find myself spending too much time online because of loneliness. Then I have to realize how much all the threads about the virus are causing me anxiety and adjust accordingly.

If you can get outside and are able to walk try that. I've always been a dedicated walker and in so many ways it's my salvation.

When things are really bad you can always call an emotional distress hotline. I'm sure they're swamped with calls right now, but it's worth a try.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I've been through my own mental health issues which included 7+ days in our Hospital Mental Ward. For me I don't consider myself as "being cured", I don't believe there is a cure in my case. I virw it as a day by day recovery period. Clinical Depression and Anxiety/Panic Disorder are my diagnosis. I am on meds along with regular Psychiatric visits, and do very well, most of the time.

I talk about this openly here, and on several different forums, and have for many years. If there were contributors stigmatizing me, I must have somehow missed it. Times like this are quasi normal for me so this pandemic had nor has no effect on my mental stability.

Will close with this. I have had numerous close to death medical experiences, but none of them come even CLOSE to actually experiencing the black hole I experienced for several years. I understand the mental pain from it's subterranean depth, and sympathize with all that have and are dealing with i

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@JumpTheRope  

Good for you, and I agree. For me with my well equipped basement gym, also fitted with my 9 speaker/2 subwoofer Surround sound! Throw in the music I love most, my mind goes many places that have nothing to do with the outside world, or problems.

I generally work out hard enough to get my "endorphins" go kick in, and that transports me to great places that my mind and body enjoy. 

With our acreage abundant with all types of birds and wildlife, from our all glass 4 season patio room, we see nature at its best. We see some of the sky, but our big trees of all kinds, come of it is blocked, but right now, all but our spruce trees are pretty bare.

Like you say, get away from the news and find something, anything you enjoy. It sure makes my days much more pleasant. But dang it, I sure miss my ice skating.

hckynut(john)

Hello john! 

In reading your your last two posts, I am struck at how similar we are.

I am very in to physical fitness and nature, as well as have the same clinical diagnosis for many years,

Jogging, walking in woods, jumping rope, rebounding....they all help to 

increase endorphins.  I listen to Prime music during the high intensity stuff, but enjoy the sounds of nature when I walk in park/woods.

Have you noticed that you are actually feeling a bit LESS DEPRESSED 

lately? I seem to feel a bit *lighter*, which contradicts what’s happening 

“situationally”.

I guess that’s because the *black hole* is WITHIN oneself and not due to outside circumstances.

My best to you and yours.....stay healthy!