Trusted Contributor

Re: I thought you might enjoy this Cooper's Hawk on my birdbath!

@luvmyteddy4 : I also have a Cooper's hawk in our bird bath at this moment. We have the birdbath in the shade under our olive tree and they'll come sit in the water for hours at a time during the hottest hours of the day. I think they are a couple and seem to take turns. One is bigger, the female I think, and the other is a bit smaller. 
They are such a beautiful bird.

Trusted Contributor

I see Hawks fairly often where I live. We are about a mile from the Monongahela River in Pa. They seem to follow the river. A couple years ago, there was one perched on the top of the telephone pole outside our bedroom window. What a beautiful, majestic bird! We are also a couple miles upriver from the Hays eagles nest. Every once in awhile we see one of the eagles flying around. I've never seen an eagle land, just flying around. Gotta love nature.

Regular Contributor

The hawks I have seen have swooped down and killed baby rabbits. Not easy cleaning these up from the lawn before you mow.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a red tail hawk swoop down and grab a dove the other evening. There was also a young rabbit and squirrel close by but he grabbed the dove knowing they are quite slow.

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 @Love seeing these beautiful birds! This guy was outside my kitchen window 😊.94BEBB7E-47D7-4AD2-90D3-432BCEFB6749.png

they are beautiful esp with their wingspan.

Respected Contributor

@May5 wrote:

The hawks I have seen have swooped down and killed baby rabbits. Not easy cleaning these up from the lawn before you mow.

Oh I know, this one was stalking a squirrel in the tree today and she missed. 

I watched a feral cat take down a rabbit under my truck a few years ago and it was just terrible with the mess. I made my neighbor clean it up, I couldn't. I have that kitty in my house now so no more rabbits for my ex-ferals.

Super Contributor

What a beautiful photo’s
Esteemed Contributor

How wonderful to be able to see them often.  Wonderful photos.

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4  Thank you for the pictures. I live in northern Nevada and we have Red Hawks. I enjoy watching them. But they’re sure on the lookout for something. They’re very fast.

Respected Contributor

Their eye sight is amazing, and they are fast. Once they get a pigeon in ther talons, they stand on their prey plucking feathers, then they tear into its flesh. Brutal to see but nature is about survival. I have found remains of hawk and coyote kills in my yard and even in the pool.😝