Honored Contributor

I think we will have to get a boy for our dog

Our 15 year old grandson visited for a few days. Our German Shepherd loves him so much!!

He cried when Ethan left. Our dog never left Ethan's side. Slept w/him, sat w/ him while we watched TV.

Honored Contributor

Re: I think we will have to get a boy for our dog

Tell me that dogs aren't smart. HA!
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, that's so sweet!!!

Respected Contributor

It's wonderful for them both. I hope your GS lives close enough to visit often. Could he borrow the dog for a few days? I think dogs are wonderful for "children," especially teens. They are so non-judgmental.

Honored Contributor

Awww, that is sweet. We see how the dogs remember someone. Did you see that one update on the man who went back to where he had freed a lion years before? The lion remembered him and came over to him for a hug. Animals know love.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you have a wonderful GS. Dogs know...

Honored Contributor

For the last 10 years I've had collies, including one pup. I now have 3. I feel guilty having collies without a child as they love kids so much. My most recent rescue got out of the yard the first week she was here. I found her up the street playing with a 3 year old boy.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hope he visits often. Or try to take your dog and visit him instead!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

That's a cute story. It's funny about boys and dogs.

My sister has a beagle. He is the cutest, most gentlest dog. Very calm for a beagle, who are usually high energy.

He looooves kids! Whenever he hears kid voices while on a walk, he wants to go there. His tail wags a thousand times a minute. He will pull on his leash and peer around corners to see if he can find them.

She used to have a neighbor boy (about ten) who would come over and take care of him if she had to be away overnight. I was there one time when the boy came over once. The dog went crazy, he jumped right on him, and was all over the place. He couldn't get enough of that kid! Smile I think kids, especially boys, have something that dogs need. Smile It's adorable.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

Love the title of your thread.