Super Contributor

I think my return may be lost :-(

I put a return in the mail last Wednesday (1/30).  It was a small package (a small Radley cross body) and I used the QVC return label.  Unfortunately, my post office will NOT give you a receipt and you have to place any prepaid packages in a large bin (very frustrating but I have even spoken with a supervisor and this is their policy at our PO).  I didn't get my typical "your return is on it's way" email so I called the Q and they show nothing as far as tracking. 

I plan on going to my post office tomorrow to see if there is any way we can track the package but I was wondering if any of you have had something similar happen and then had the package show up in the system (maybe not scanned at point of origin)?

Honored Contributor

Re: I think my return may be lost :-(

Sometimes the shipping agent who picks up the packages from the post offices is very slow and they may sit for several days.  I'd complain about your post office if I was you.  I don't leave the building until I see them scan my return.  Thst's what tells QVC a return is on the way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sometimes the shipping agent who picks up the packages from the post offices is very slow and they may sit for several days.  I'd complain about your post office if I was you.  I don't leave the building until I see them scan my return.  Thst's what tells QVC a return is on the way.

I agree!  The 3rd party shipper takes a LONG time to pick up returns. My returns and credits take at least 3 weeks when using the return label.  Your item could still be sitting there.

I do NOT always get an email 'your pkg is on its way'.  Sometimes yes, many times no.  Sometimes I get tracking...sometimes not.

However, NO WAY I am leaving an item in a bin.  What proof do you have that you returned it?

the US Postal system branches are all under the SAME rules!  If I wait in line, they HAVE to give me a receipt!

I would otherwise, take a picture of the return label AND a picture of it sitting in the bin.

Honored Contributor

I just posted in another thread about my return experience using the Q label and returning on my own.

I returned things the last Sunday of January.  1 using the Q return label, 1 on my own.  As of today I received my refund for the clothing returned using the Q return label. The other item I returned on my own, at the very same time, and it doesn't show as a return yet in the Q system.  I checked tracking and it was delivered Thursday to QVC. 

I have never had the issue with packages sitting at the post office for days or weeks before the carrier picks them up.

Respected Contributor

When returning from any vendor, including Amazon, I ALWAYS get a  receipt.  If you do not, you have absolutely no proof of returning if something is lost.

I go to several different post offices in my area and every one them will print out a receipt. 

If your post office refuses, I would contact the postmaster of that branch and, if they are unwilling to help, go to their supervisor.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

When returning from any vendor, including Amazon, I ALWAYS get a  receipt.  If you do not, you have absolutely no proof of returning if something is lost.

I go to several different post offices in my area and every one them will print out a receipt. 

If your post office refuses, I would contact the postmaster of that branch and, if they are unwilling to help, go to their supervisor.

Agreed. No way on God's green earth am I returning something without the receipt in my hot little hands. Like you, @Mersha, my post office ALWAYS prints a receipt. And I keep them in my stash until the proper credit is returned to me.   

Super Contributor

Definitely frustrating that my post office has this policy in place - I've been down the road of complaining and escalating with no luck (there are numerous discussions about this issue with other post office locations online).  

I have been fortunate not to have any problems (and I am also a very active ebay seller) and typically my returns are back to the Q and credited to my account within about 10 days.  Hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow.  Fingers crossed that it is just missed scans or a late pick up.  I may start driving my packages to the next city over - they have more of a customer service approach and will scan/receipt if you wait at the window.

I appreciate everyone's input.  

QVC Customer Care

@LoveMeSomeQVC   I checked on your item, I was able to locate the package thru "Newgistics".  They have located the package but say the below.  We will check on it again tomorrow and see if we have a new update.  Never fear, if you use our label it comes with insurance. 

Susan Q-Social

UPDATED: 2/4/2019. Severe Weather Across the Eastern United States has Impacted Delivery

Super Contributor

@Susan-QVC  Thank you for checking on this!  Very relieved that it is at least showing in the system somewhere.  You rock!

Honored Contributor

@LoveMeSomeQVC

Our P.O. is the same way, no receipt, just throw it in a large bin with the rest of the prepaid label packages.

That's why I just mail returns on my own, where I have a tracking # and proof that I mailed the return.

It also doesn't sit at the P.O. for a week or more waiting to be picked up and my returns and refunds are processed so much faster.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.