Honored Contributor

Re: I think it would be fun to ................................(fill in the blank)

@chrystaltree wrote:

I just wish we could spend the worst of the winter months (Jan-March) in a warm weather place.  We're both just 57, so we are nowhere near retirement and we both work fulltime but that "snow bird" life appeals to me.  I work remotely from my home office, so I can work anywhere in the world.  But hubby still works for a hospital, he's an RN.  Living in a balmy climate in the winter is just a dream for me.

THis is what many of my grandparents generation did, and some for more than 30 years after retirement (yep, they lived long lives!) and as a child I just didn't get it.

Well, lets just say that at 56, I now have the same dream you do @chrystaltree, and now, I 'get it' !

Honored Contributor

Re: I think it would be fun to ................................(fill in the blank)

I think it would be fun to travel to the states in the lower 48 I haven't visited. Of course take DH with me. So much to see. We retired early so that we could enjoy doing things together.

Respected Contributor

... be exactly where I am now! We are living the proverbial dream. Well, our dream, anyway. We moved north where we enjoy our favorite season, winter. After taking early retirement, we left the city for rural lake life, which we adore. We are relaxed and happy. Tomorrow, we will make a snowman out on the frozen lake! Snow and cold arrived late, but it was just in time for Christmas. We are content. Yes, we travel, but my career involved decades of travel, so I'm happy NOT to be flying around the country or the world very often.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

But hubby still works for a hospital, he's an RN.  Living in a balmy climate in the winter is just a dream for me.

@chrystaltree, Has he come home yet from his mission, or soon?  Thank him again. You too, because w/o your home support, it would be harder for him to go away on these missions to help. Thanks to you both.

Yes, he's been back for a while, he was in mobile clinic in PR for a month.  He would like to go back in the late spring or summer with a group from his hospital.  

Esteemed Contributor

We have been so responsible for too many years and everyone depends on us.   The load has gotten too heavy. After the year we've had I would like to pick up and just go, some place warm, just me and DH and do whatever we darn well please each day.

@qualitygal  We have the same interest. We've always talked about going to a few different mining sites, who knows we may get there yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I would LOVE to go snorkeling in the Caribbean where there are coral reefs.....

Honored Contributor

Go up in a hot air balloon, and come down again safely.

Go anywhere I wanted, first class all the way, and buy anything I wanted, without having to give the cost a second thought.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Take my daughter on her dream vacation to Greece.

Trusted Contributor

I have always wanted to ride a "dirt bike" over a bumpy trail!  Seems like it would be so much fun!   I better do it pretty soon because I am not getting any younger!!

Woman LOL    Happy New Year to you all!!

Respected Contributor

I always thought I would love to go river rafting, not the tame stuff!