Honored Contributor

Re: I think a lot of us are around the same age who

Grew up in the 50's, perfect as far as Im concerned.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Grew up in the 80's. Had a blast rollerskating,  going to malls,

hanging out with my friends, taking care of our dogs, etc.

80's had the best music. Still listen to it and love it!

This was my favorite song even way up unit after I married. My ex husband of over 20 years emailed me the link last year since I was so crazy about the song.  Funky Town, Lipps Inc. 1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVwiixXViT0

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I grew up in the late 60's early 70's. Graduated high school in 1972. Would not change anything.

When I hear Bucky Covington's song "A Different World" it takes me back to those days.

Honored Contributor

I'm very happy that I grew up in the 60's and 70's.  It wasn't in the distant past when life was harder, especially for women.  Kids weren't dying from polio, measles , mumps and rheubella.  My mother had a cousin who as a baby was blinded by the measles.  Life was good for me, I had choices that I think my mom did not have.  And I am very happy that I'm not growing up today.  Yes, technology is wonderful!  Laptops, and tablets and phones and Keurigs and meal delivery services and electronic books and online shopping.  So many wonderful things that we never even imagined 20 or 25 years ago.  Some we didn't imagine 10 years ago.  But there's also the pressures and dangers of social media for children and teenagers.  I've read articles that attribute the high rates of depression in young people to social media.  Everything on social media is wonderful; people post about their amazing vacations and spectacular  weddings and all their thousands friends who are all as brilliant and gorgeous and thin as they are.....and kids and teens believe it.  They lap it up like milk and think they are the only ones don't live such spectacular lives.  So something must be wrong with them.  And there's the matter of student loans, I cannot imagine graduating from college and being $50,000 in debt.  Nor can I imagine a world in which a 4 year college degree is required for a call center job or to be an adminstrative assistant....which we called secretaries.  The cost of daycare!  The go go go go of life.  

Super Contributor

I graduated high school in 1984. I grew up partially in the 70's and 80's. I wouldn't change it. I love the music. To me it's always the best music. New genres of music appeared during that decade.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 

I grew up in the late 60's, but I still buy JEWELRY and MAKE-UP like a teenager, so maybe I didn't really GROW UP at all!

Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I grew up in the 70s and 80s. As a woman, there is no way that I would want to have grown up in an earlier era.

Life has never been simple or safe.
Honored Contributor

I am glad i grew up in the 50's,60's, glad i had the family i did, i just miss so many people,  i find life very lonely.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm still a 70s girl

Esteemed Contributor

This topic seems to come up often and the division is between a child's memory and an adult's life.

I am a child of the 50s but my mother had to live them.  Would never want to go back.