Respected Contributor

I think a lot of us are around the same age who

grew up in the 50s, 60s and so on. Is there any decade you wish you had grown up in and why?

I grew up in the early 50s and wouldn't change a thing. I think the 40s would have been cool at least the movies looked like fun back then.

Life seemed so simple back then and less dangerous although I'm sure it was probably more dangerous than we thought.

No cell phones or laptops and we went out to have fun and spent less time at home. We could walk the streets at night, go to parties and disco's and not worry too much. I think most of up had to work for a living even in high school and nothing was handed to us on a silver platter. I realize not everyone had it easy but to me life was simple and they were the good ole days.

It's so different now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I think a lot of us are around the same age who

I think just where I grew up was just fine. Too bad it's still not back than. Life was so much easier.

I also think I was here before. I always feel like dancing. Like I was flapper back in the day. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

50s for me & wouldn't change a thing

Honored Contributor

I was a graduated from high school in 1980 so basically the '70s for me.  I always wanted to switch with my Mom and the 50's she grew up in.  I loved that time period.  My next favorite would be the 1890's to early 1900's loved the Victorian/Edwardian time period as well.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm just glad I "grew up" to become the person I am today.  I live in the present, and work to make the future a positive environment for the following generations.

Esteemed Contributor

I grew up in the 1950 s and it was perfect.  OP said 1940s were trouble free (is she forgetting WWII?).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I grew up in the 50's and 60's and it was fine, but I don't romanticize it.  I think with the parents I had it wouldn't matter what was going on, my values would be the same. Growing up now would be kind of exciting because of all the changes, good and bad. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Grew up in the 80's. Had a blast rollerskating,  going to malls,

hanging out with my friends, taking care of our dogs, etc.

80's had the best music. Still listen to it and love it!

Valued Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I grew up in the 1950 s and it was perfect.  OP said 1940s were trouble free (is she forgetting WWII?).

@patbz she never said the 40s were trouble free, just that it would have been cool & the movies looked like fun.

Honored Contributor

I grew up in the late 60's and 70's , and loved it, but I would probably love to go back to the 1800's......That would be pretty cool! or even the roaring 20's......