Honored Contributor

I think Mr Cherry was a blessing to some poor lady today

WE stopped at a grocery store, to pick up a few items. We weren't long in the store, when we came out ,there was a handbag setting in a cart ,with no one in sigh,t and no car visible

Mr Cherry grabbed the bag ,and headed into the store, as fast as he could, to turn it in

It looked like it had been undisturbed. It was zipped shut. The store whisked it from him, and I hope the lady that lost it, is OK

She must have been stressed, to leave her bag in the cart ,and drive away without it

Trusted Contributor

Re: I think Mr Cherry was a blessing to some poor lady today

Oh, give Mr. Cherry a BIG HUG!!!

Can you just imagine the DRAMA of having to get all your ID again.  A thief would have SURELY grabbed the purse just a few seconds after he walked away. 

Beacause he was observing his surrounding he was able to HELP someone.  Well, he did his good DEED for today.

I always believe, when I do nice things, with a clear and good heart.....we are rewarded later in another way.  Possibly by another person, in another situation but all good deeds are rewarded.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't know if  he will be rewarded,I think virtue is it's own reward

I hope the poor lady is OK. Who knows what might have been going on in her life , for this to happen to her

I hope she has a better tomorrow, and pays it forward

Esteemed Contributor

Can you imagine the panic and sick in the stomach feeling that overcame the owner of that purse when they went to grab it and it wasn't there? And the relief when they called or returned to the customer service desk to ask if anyone had turned it in.

Respected Contributor

I've done that for someone twice.  Once at KMart and once at Lowe's.  I hope someone does the same for me in my times of forgetfulness.  Actually now that I think about it, many years ago I left my wallet in Rite Aide and a young boy turned it in for me.   Good parenting going on there.

My granddaughter found a wallet in the airport and I took her to security to turn it in.

Security made us stand there while they counted the money and listed the contents and made us feel like thieves.  Next time I might just keep moving.

Honored Contributor

That happened to me one day, finding a purse in the grocery cart.

I took it into the customer service counter and they asked me if I had opened it to see who it belonged to...NO I DID NOT.

They did take my name and phone and the lady that it belonged to did call me to say thank for turning it in.

Honored Contributor

They didn't ask Mr Cherry any information. Nor did they make him feel like a crook, or even thank him...It might happen a lot?

Honored Contributor

Such drama, I hope who ever was so forgetful to have left her purse in the cart had enough where with all to inquire at the store for it when she realized it was missing. I am as forgetful as anyone, but I realize it and wear a cross body bag when I shop. I guess if young people can forget their kids in a hot, locked car, seniors can forget their purses, keys, etc.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

WE stopped at a grocery store, to pick up a few items. We weren't long in the store, when we came out ,there was a handbag setting in a cart ,with no one in sigh,t and no car visible

Mr Cherry grabbed the bag ,and headed into the store, as fast as he could, to turn it in

It looked like it had been undisturbed. It was zipped shut. The store whisked it from him, and I hope the lady that lost it, is OK

She must have been stressed, to leave her bag in the cart ,and drive away without it

I did that once ,i got almost home ,looked at passengers seat ,my bag was not there, i panic big time ,drove crazy to get back to store,no one turned it in,my phone rang ,it was the man that found it ,i was so very happy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

In my typical after-work rush one dark winter night years ago, I left my briefcase with wallet in the cart that I returned to the cart corral in the parking lot. In the semi-darkness of the parking area, I just didn't see it. When I realized it after unloading groceries at home, I swear that my hair stood straight up! I sped back to the parking lot, and the briefcase was still in the cart. Wow. Such relief.  Your husband did a good deed by quickly turning in that woman's bag.